What's new

Did Nokta lower the price on the Magnetar 9000?

Assembler

Silver Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
4,790
Reaction score
2,672
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher AQ Pulse, Fisher water old detectors, Older Whites TRs.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice that Nokta appears to lower the price on the Magnetar on a number of outlets to $4,999.00
Does this make this detector more affordable now?
 
I purchased one at the $4999 price plus my dealer gave me another 10% off for being a long time customer. Incredible deal.

I always wanted to like the Minelab GPZ 7000 but I didn't like the price and I didn't like the 7+ pound weight.

Magnetar 9000 is very similar to the 7000 but without the bloated weight (it's 5.3 pounds), is Bluetooth wireless audio compatible, has a good external speaker, there are 7 different coils already in the works and it's fully waterproof.

Right now the Magnetar 9000 is the only multi purpose PI with coil options that is fully waterproof. Nokta is releasing spoked coils for it soon that are specifically for submerged water hunting. They are also releasing a model that will be geared more for relic and water hunting in the near future.

If you do any gold prospecting with maybe some submerged water hunting for gold nuggets or beach hunting for everything, the Magnetar series is THE choice for that kind of versatility.

There really is nothing like it, not even close for the price it's selling for right now.
 
I watched an interview with Steve Herschbach about this detector. He recommended a price drop to Nokta, but he was surprised when they went so low. Steve also said that of the planned accessory coils, several are going to be concentric.
 
I watched an interview with Steve Herschbach about this detector. He recommended a price drop to Nokta, but he was surprised when they went so low. Steve also said that of the planned accessory coils, several are going to be concentric.
I watch the interview as well. Still waiting for more test reports etc.
The new coils should be interesting.
 
I purchased one at the $4999 price plus my dealer gave me another 10% off for being a long time customer. Incredible deal.

I always wanted to like the Minelab GPZ 7000 but I didn't like the price and I didn't like the 7+ pound weight.

Magnetar 9000 is very similar to the 7000 but without the bloated weight (it's 5.3 pounds), is Bluetooth wireless audio compatible, has a good external speaker, there are 7 different coils already in the works and it's fully waterproof.

Right now the Magnetar 9000 is the only multi purpose PI with coil options that is fully waterproof. Nokta is releasing spoked coils for it soon that are specifically for submerged water hunting. They are also releasing a model that will be geared more for relic and water hunting in the near future.

If you do any gold prospecting with maybe some submerged water hunting for gold nuggets or beach hunting for everything, the Magnetar series is THE choice for that kind of versatility.

There really is nothing like it, not even close for the price it's selling for right now.
You said you purchased one, and went on to say “It’s the choice”, but you do not speak much about the performance and quality. Rather spec. sheet data. Do you have the detector and have you used it?
 
You said you purchased one, and went on to say “It’s the choice”, but you do not speak much about the performance and quality. Rather spec. sheet data. Do you have the detector and have you used it?
Yeah I have one. I have had it for a week. Tested it and hunted with it. Getting out again this week as long as 100 degree heat and wildfires don’t stop me.

My PI for gold prospecting has been the Garrett Axiom for the last three years. Excellent mid level detector. Magnetar is definitely better in every way over the Axiom except that Axiom weighs .5 to 1 lbs less depending on coils used.

No, it's not the choice as you quoted me. It's the choice for versatility if you want/need fully submersible waterproof, unrestricted wireless Bluetooth audio (not proprietary), can hit 0.1 gram and smaller gold nuggets/micro jewelry, hits larger targets with ease (tested a US nickel and 6 gram nugget at 16" in hot dirt with the 11X8" coil), it won't destroy your swing arm and shoulder and it has a big coil selection already in place. It's waterproof competition: SDC2300 and Fisher AQ simply can't match all of those things.
 
Last edited:
Get it out in some challenging mineralized soil and find some gold and report back please. The beach is mineralized, but I’m not sure it’s the same as on land where you have rapidly changing conditions, with a big variety of stones mixed in. I have learned a lot about new detectors even 12 months into using them. Sometimes good, others I start noticing the drawbacks.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I have one. I have had it for a week. Tested it and hunted with it. Getting out again this week as long as 100 degree heat and wildfires don’t stop me.

My PI for gold prospecting has been the Garrett Axiom for the last three years. Excellent mid level detector. Magnetar is definitely better in every way over the Axiom except that Axiom weighs .5 to 1 lbs less depending on coils used.

No, it's not the choice as you quoted me. It's the choice for versatility if you want/need fully submersible waterproof, unrestricted wireless Bluetooth audio (not proprietary), can hit 0.1 gram and smaller gold nuggets/micro jewelry, hits larger targets with ease (tested a US nickel and 6 gram nugget at 16" in hot dirt with the 11X8" coil), it won't destroy your swing arm and shoulder and it has a big coil selection already in place. It's waterproof competition: SDC2300 and Fisher AQ simply can't match all of those things.
Just wondering what coils you used and like the most with the Garrett Axiom?
What are the hot spots of the 8" x 10" coil on the Magnetar 9000 coil?

Thanks
 
Just wondering what coils you used and like the most with the Garrett Axiom?
What are the hot spots of the 8" x 10" coil on the Magnetar 9000 coil?

Thanks
I own both 11X7" and 13X11" Axiom coils. Most of the time I used the Axiom mono coils. I had hoped to use the DOD coils more but they would simply not ground balance at some of the heavy magnetite sites I hunt.

So far, the Magnetar 11X8" DOD coil has no issues with ground balancing at two of the magnetite sites that troubled the Axiom DOD coils.

I haven't noticed a super hot spot yet on the 11X8" DOD Magnetar coil. I don't know how that coil is configured. Hot spot on the Axiom DODs was right below the coil ears so I think it was a figure 8 with a smaller circle in the center of the figure 8.
 
I own both 11X7" and 13X11" Axiom coils. Most of the time I used the Axiom mono coils. I had hoped to use the DOD coils more but they would simply not ground balance at some of the heavy magnetite sites I hunt.

So far, the Magnetar 11X8" DOD coil has no issues with ground balancing at two of the magnetite sites that troubled the Axiom DOD coils.

I haven't noticed a super hot spot yet on the 11X8" DOD Magnetar coil. I don't know how that coil is configured. Hot spot on the Axiom DODs was right below the coil ears so I think it was a figure 8 with a smaller circle in the center of the figure 8.
Interesting about the ground balance of the DOD coils for the Axiom. I'm thinking of picking up the Axiom detector at a reasonable cost to check out, that is why I asked about what coils you have tried out. Perhaps the Axiom is best used with the mono coils with heavy iron or needs to be retuned for just that type of rock etc.

Should be interesting when other coils come out for the Magnetar 9000 machine.
 
Interesting about the ground balance of the DOD coils for the Axiom. I'm thinking of picking up the Axiom detector at a reasonable cost to check out, that is why I asked about what coils you have tried out. Perhaps the Axiom is best used with the mono coils with heavy iron or needs to be retuned for just that type of rock etc.

Should be interesting when other coils come out for the Magnetar 9000 machine.
There were some places here where even the smaller 11X7" DOD coil simply would not ground balance using the Axiom's Fine or Normal modes. Large target mode would sort of ground balance.

Garrett sent me a replacement coil but that coil would not ground balance either.....They checked out my Axiom too and said it was working perfectly.

I was on one of those exact spots today with the Magnetar and it ground balanced easily.

Garrett had no answer for why this happens on Colorado magnetite and Arizona magnetite is no problem with the same coil?????
 
I own both 11X7" and 13X11" Axiom coils. Most of the time I used the Axiom mono coils. I had hoped to use the DOD coils more but they would simply not ground balance at some of the heavy magnetite sites I hunt.

So far, the Magnetar 11X8" DOD coil has no issues with ground balancing at two of the magnetite sites that troubled the Axiom DOD coils.

I haven't noticed a super hot spot yet on the 11X8" DOD Magnetar coil. I don't know how that coil is configured. Hot spot on the Axiom DODs was right below the coil ears so I think it was a figure 8 with a smaller circle in the center of the figure 8.

There are places in Colorado I've been to where I haven't been able to ground-balance any of the VLF's I had at the time. Recently, when I got my GM2000, I had almost bought an Axiom instead. I held off buying it because I hadn't heard any comments about its ground-balance performance until now. I'm glad you mentioned this.
 
There are places in Colorado I've been to where I haven't been able to ground-balance any of the VLF's I had at the time. Recently, when I got my GM2000, I had almost bought an Axiom instead. I held off buying it because I hadn't heard any comments about its ground-balance performance until now. I'm glad you mentioned this.
The Axiom's mono coils always have ground balanced where I have used them. If you get an Axiom, make sure to get the mono coils for sure. You will need the DOD coils however at more alkaline sites like Rye Patch in Nevada.
 
There were some places here where even the smaller 11X7" DOD coil simply would not ground balance using the Axiom's Fine or Normal modes. Large target mode would sort of ground balance.

Garrett sent me a replacement coil but that coil would not ground balance either.....They checked out my Axiom too and said it was working perfectly.

I was on one of those exact spots today with the Magnetar and it ground balanced easily.

Garrett had no answer for why this happens on Colorado magnetite and Arizona magnetite is no problem with the same coil?????
To cover what you may already tried, have you gotten into the ground balance window mode to set the high and low cutouts?
 
To cover what you may already tried, have you gotten into the ground balance window mode to set the high and low cutouts?
Very rarely. If a site has some hot rocks but very few actual targets, using the GB window can be helpful. If the site has lots of targets both ferrous and non ferrous and plenty of hot rocks, I won't use the GB window due to target masking of targets that have IDs that fall within that GB window.
 
The Axiom's mono coils always have ground balanced where I have used them. If you get an Axiom, make sure to get the mono coils for sure. You will need the DOD coils however at more alkaline sites like Rye Patch in Nevada.
Do you think the 16x14 DOD is worth getting for use in CO?
 
Very rarely. If a site has some hot rocks but very few actual targets, using the GB window can be helpful. If the site has lots of targets both ferrous and non ferrous and plenty of hot rocks, I won't use the GB window due to target masking of targets that have IDs that fall within that GB window.
Just checking as, you are correct about masking of lower conductive targets by all of the iron background or even covering the lower conductive targets. The recovery speed is also a factor for separation of lower conductive targets from the higher conductive targets. I don't know exactly what the adjustments are on the Axiom?
 
Axiom has slow, medium and fast swing speed adjustments, slow, medium and fast automatic ground balance tracking adjustments along with fine, normal, large and salt ground timings.
 
Do you think the 16x14 DOD is worth getting for use in CO?
For gold nuggets? Not for me. For non ferrous relics used in conjunction with the normal or large soil timing and iron tone feature, maybe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom