Did some walking today.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
IMG_1931.jpg

Two cool points of some sort, ones a neato tiny arrowhead.

IMG_1933.jpg

Two pottery sherds, one has killer crosshatching.

IMG_1936.jpg

Arrowhead awesomeness.

IMG_1938.jpg

I like this one. I can't tell if it's broken or made this way.

In situ(from my lame cellphone):
IMG_1939.jpg

Big terrific one.

IMG_1941.jpg

Little awesome one.

IMG_1940.jpg

Crosshatched fragment.

Upvote 0

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Hey GL, some good looking points there. I really like the last one, the material is neat. It looks like it may have had some ancient damage and then it was reworked, but that's just a guess. Ray

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds GL, it's definetly broke, an ancient break too, so not so bad. Congrats on your finds. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

Attachments

• mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 228
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 226
OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Thanks! I was going to walk my spot but it's now someones house!
The nerve!
So I went to the next hill and started walking and found a big flake fairly quickly. A good sign I think.
Then came the razor sharp flint chips and some metal whatzits. I got a weird feeling like if I just look long enough I would DEFINITELY find a point. It wasn't being hopeful or wishful thinking. It was certainty. I found a stirrup looking rusty thing and tossed it. Not a point I thought to myself. I can come back later for metal stuff. My time was limited so I scanned the ground and there it was! The tiny point! I stopped and uttered the usual curseword(NO SH**!) I was stoked and you all know once you find one you can't just hop in the truck and leave so I walked on. More flakes.
I turn around to head back because I was on a schedule and I spotted the pottery fragment with the crosshatches...awesome I say to myself. At the top of the hill I think it's time to go when the other fragment caught my eye. Then as I was climbing in the truck...the BIG one winks at me!
I am very happy with my 30 minute hunt today. Two more killer points to add to the collection, two more things for me to sit and imaging what it was like all those years ago when the guy who made them lost them.

This Saturday I will be spending an hour or two there...walking.
Looking down.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well GL you did good, I would concentrate on the top of the hill. Archaic ppl camped on hills, that's where I find most of my finds.

Congrats on your finds, it's certainly a great feeling, isn't it.. Good Luck on your next hunt.

Molly. :thumbsup:

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool post and GREAT finds :thumbsup: Those rock and I hope you find thousands more and share them all here :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread