Did the FBI find $600M in Civil War Gold in Pa. Forest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the FBI find $400M in Civil War gold in a Pa. forest? Harrisburg lawyer says he has new clue in the case - pennlive.com

Our Lawyer is working with a bigger law firm now to get ready to take our case to Federal Court. Its been 3 yrs since the FBI dug at Dents Run and we been in many court battles and now we have the info we need to bring this hunt to its end and the truth will come out.
We were in court 8 times in 2yrs trying to get info from DCNR's files . They did everything to stull each case. What is it they are hiding . We know what it is but we need to prove it before we head to Federal Court. There is a lot more to this case than anyone knows and a lot of people could end up in jail. You know the term FAKE NEWS and thats what the FBI does best. We beat the FBI in court and they must give us everything in their files but they said it will take 3 yrs to get it ready. They have 2,370 pages, 7 hrs of video , and hundreds of photos in the main file, there is a lot more in the sub file . If we ask for just part of the files like 50 pages they can give it to us in a few months. We want everything in the files, so if we can get the Federal Court to speed them up GOOD. We have enough now to go to court but it would help our case if we had their files.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One wonders if the results will be in the end...... 1/2/3/4/5/6/7........ Timeouts, or total outs for members as the last few did? Good luck everyone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One wonders if the results will be in the end...... 1/2/3/4/5/6/7........ Timeouts, or total outs for members as the last few did? Good luck everyone.

Members follow TNet rules there want be any timeouts.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your thread title says, "Did the FBI find $600M in Civil War Gold in Pa. Forest ?". I absolutely believe they did not. Nothing said on this topic has changed my mind about it. The only thing that will change my mind is a pile of gold.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Summary:

- Previously, a federal magistrate ordered all records sealed in response to an FBI request to do so, citing an "ongoing investigation"

- Through a Right to Know information request, the name of that Magistrate has been revealed

- The Attorney representing the FK group, will now petition that magistrate to unseal the record

FK, keep us updated when that petition has been filed and when it will be heard.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
400 millions is a lot to keep hidden What did the FBI do with it? My guess is they used it to hire more agents because of all the ongoing investigations they have. It seems there is a new one everyday. A clue is not evidence but can be more persuasive then actual evidence in our present environment. Good luck with your effort. I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the FBI found nothing. This has been rehashed many times, never with anything new revealed.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one was smart they wouldn't get the government involved no matter where it was located, not making accusations though.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the FBI found nothing. This has been rehashed many times, never with anything new revealed.

You do make a point, despite the sensationalist title, we have no more information regarding the treasure itself then we did 3 years ago other then an update that they are going to petition the court to unseal the record.

I will note in the link though, the article it leads to has some mis-information in it. In pertinent part:

"Federal authorities are refusing to tell Finders Keepers or anyone else what, if anything, they found. " This is untrue. If memory servers me right, It was well documented at the time that the FBI at the scene was asked about it after they were packing up and leaving if they had found anything, the FBI said they "did not find anything".

I still suspect once the file is open, it will reveal, indeed, what the FBI agent said was truthful.

If the FBI had found the Dent's run gold, it would undoubtedly be the biggest historical find in the history of the USA. They would not have kept that hidden for 3 years now. 600,000 million is ONE week of FBI operating budget so that rules out any silly theories of them keeping the gold to hire agents or buy equipment or all that nonsense. The income generated by displaying that in the Smithsonian and traveling to be displayed in Museums the world over, would over time generate 1,000 of times it's value. Not to mention, it would become a national treasure viewed by our ancestors 100's of years from now.

If they found it too, with 50 agents on site, multiple forensic people, Sheriffs deputies, troopers, equipment operators, armored car drivers and security personal transporting it, security vaults receiving, cataloging, documenting and guarding it, as well as historians examining and analyzing it, as well as higher up FBI personal, as well as all the wives and husbands of all these people directly involved in it, you'd literally have 1000's of people who would know of it's existence, yet not ONE single leak? Literally statistically impossible for there not to be a leak with that many people directly involved.

Last edited:

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not trying to stir the pot, but if they don’t have anything to hide release the entire file. There would be nothing in it that would involve nation security.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not trying to stir the pot, but if they don’t have anything to hide release the entire file. There would be nothing in it that would involve nation security.

If an investigation was done on something that someone claimed to have happened, and it turned up nothing, they would close that file probably.

Then again if a large amount of hrs/expenses were used for the investigation there would be questions, and someone has to answer those.

Eg: File a report/claim about something that isn't fact-the authorities could seek charges of filing a false claim-compensation for the investigation that took place.
Especially if a large number of investigators were pooled to the file.

If there was any requests for files, (that would keep the iron in the fire so to speak)-so they can't close it in that case until all rulings/appeals/rebuttals what ever have been dealt with.

(Just my own thoughts on what might be the reason-and not saying it is, or isn't the case).

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know how this is in US, but here in the "old" continent "we, the people" have the right to know everithing that is allowed to. All the rest never happened. That is why the history is so full of sudden revelations. But that is OK with me, cause i tend to keep the same attitude - newer report anything, newer seen anything, newer know a thing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know how this is in US, but here in the "old" continent "we, the people" have the right to know everithing that is allowed to. All the rest never happened. That is why the history is so full of sudden revelations. But that is OK with me, cause i tend to keep the same attitude - newer report anything, newer seen anything, newer know a thing.

Right !

according to Some it "Never Existed"

So if you spent a Year or so Searching for Nothing ? No harm no fowl .

After that time, You found Nothing Correct ?

So you spend 30 days hauling backpacks full of nothing home

and for the next few years chipping away & melting nothing down

and at Tax time you declare nothing except maybe a loss on your expenditures finding nothing.

again. since it doesn't exist..... "No harm no fowl" . :coffee2:

if the tax man cometh "nothing to see here" read the FBI File "you must be hallucinating !"

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pointless to rehash this story again and again. Let it go...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new info from FinderKeeper is always welcome on this

it's those who feel they need to respond that sometimes wear out their welcome :coffee2:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finders Keepers is insisting clues point to the Dent’s Run site as the hidden resting place of a shipment of Union Army gold worth millions of dollars that was lost or stolen around the time of the Battle of Gettysburg in July 1863. According to legend the gold, perhaps as many as 52 50-pound bars, left Wheeling, W. Va., and never made to its intended destination of Philadelphia.

That possibility is backed by more than local lore. Cluck said his clients were told by the feds that a ground-penetrating survey commissioned by the FBI before the dig began indicated something big, maybe even gold, was buried in the Dent’s Run area.

So the feds confirmed that there was something buried there! Kinda sounds like they found a UFO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions