Did the FBI find $600M in Civil War Gold in Pa. Forest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Does anyone know what this FBI agent with the yellow R on his jacket has in hand. Click on picture to enlarge.
View attachment 1900996 View attachment 1900997 View attachment 1900998 View attachment 1900999

It’s a LIDAR on a gimbal. The “holster” is for a “brick” radio.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ridgeway State Police were the ones I called when I found out someone dug up our site at Dents Run and when equipment went missing. AS I said there is a lot more to this story. We did not just lead the FBI to this site we worked with them for 2 months and gave them what they needed to do the criminal investigation .

If nothing was found , there should be no criminal investigation . If something was found at the site, then there is a investigation. The FBI says the investigation is still on going, we should know because we ask for the investigation. Thats why we stayed quiet.

That logic doesn't make sense. The story continually becomes more fragmented.

Since you had previously stated that you may have found native American remains in a previous dig, that would easily explain the fbi's actions as well as respecting the potential tribe they may be speaking with in regards to the proper process for returning the remains by not openly discussing it with the public.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ridgeway State Police were the ones I called when I found out someone dug up our site at Dents Run and when equipment went missing. AS I said there is a lot more to this story. We did not just lead the FBI to this site we worked with them for 2 months and gave them what they needed to do the criminal investigation .

If nothing was found , there should be no criminal investigation . If something was found at the site, then there is a investigation. The FBI says the investigation is still on going, we should know because we ask for the investigation. Thats why we stayed quiet.
interesting, this is off topic but you would enjoy "Devils Den"(i believe thats what the locals call it or atleast it was when my dad was a kid) which is located in ridgeway. Also supposed to be a cave full of native american silver and gold or something around ridgeway somewhere, heard the story while in the area many times.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did not just lead the FBI to this site we worked with them for 2 months and gave them what they needed to do the criminal investigation

No one is saying you didn't "work with them", that's what an an informer and witness does, works with Law Enforcement. But there is a distinct legal difference between voluntarily working with LE vs working for LE. One has legal standing, one does not.

The courts ruled you do not have legal standing to view the sealed files as you voluntarily worked with LE, not for LE. Your standing to view the files is the same as any member of the public as this was a criminal investigation and you were not a licensed peace officer/investigator working for the FBI, Sheriff or DCNR on this case. It's also why, when the actual excavation of the crime scene began, you were not allowed on the scene and had no legal authority to override their command.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If nothing was found , there should be no criminal investigation . If something was found at the site, then there is a investigation.

That is not how a criminal investigation works on both points. I can directly speak to this as a LE Officer of 11 years. We do not need to find anything in order to open a criminal investigation. Nor do we necessarily close it if we find nothing. This is how a typical investigation goes:

1. LE receives a complaint or a tip that a crime may have been committed. In this case, when you told the FBI you possibly found stolen civil war gold and possible human remains at Dent's run, you were the one making a complaint.

2. After LE receives the complaint, and we have reasonable suspicion a crime may have been committed, we begin our investigation. We do not need to have found anything yet to open our investigation.

3. LE then begins interviewing witnesses, doing research, running background checks, visiting potential crimes scenes, gathering evidence, documenting the scene, processing the scene, report writing etc etc.

4. If the evidence points to a particular suspect, an arrest may be forthcoming. If the investigation is for a potential crime committed a 150 years ago, our focus will be more on evidence gathering, historical research and piecing together what may have occured and who may have been involved.

5. In cases where no or insufficient evidence is found to conclude the investigation or make an arrest, we do not necessarily close it. It then may become an ongoing investigation.

LE doesn't just take the word of a Treasure Hunter, dig at one site and then say whelp, that's it, case closed. Their investigation is ongoing. That's how you solve a crime, you don't just close up the investigation at the first dead end you find.

In the case of Dent's run, since you have no access to the FBI case files, the ongoing investigation may be because they did find fragments of evidence that they are processing and researching or they may be following other leads the evidence pointed them to. There are many, many reasons their investigation is still ongoing. And here's the kicker, at this point, their investigation may have taken a turn towards something that has nothing to do with the original complaint you made.

What i sincerely don't get FindersKeepers, and i'm not trying to insult you in anyway, i'm trying to help, is why the basics of how investigations work and how court cases work evidently haven't been clearly explained to you by your counsel? Your counsel should be explaining these processes to you, and if not, don't be afraid to ask your counsel the tough questions, that is what you pay them for! Remember, they work for you.

Last edited:

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am rooting for you FK!
I sure hope you get to the bottom of this mystery soon. Would love you see some gold bars posted up here soon !
Keep us posted please.
Happy hunting all

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I promise the mods that I would not state my views as there was treasures, it was or was not find by anybody including the FBI. I will not get involve in these issues. I graduated from HCC in Bridgeport, Ct in 1981. Two courses that I had taken was Business Law One & Two. Which deals with contracts. Also, I got into treasure hunting in 1964. From the beginning, I believe in written and sign contracts dealing in large amounts, in millions. There are others including Jeff of Pa. who believes in hands shakes. Each to their own. Dealing with private lands owners and getting a fair honest contracts is hard enough. From the beginning, this treasure hunter has serious problems. The observe land is owned by Pa. state. Dealing with any state, is very hard. Treasures hunters has to deal with many people and departments. It will take many years and man powers to get a contract in flavor of us. Now more problems for our member. According to many members, all rebel treasures now belong to the federal government and lets us not forget my friends, IRS. If I was this member, I would asked myself, what did I get myself into. Karl V. Mueller, always stated, keep your mouth shut. He turning into his grave. Many years ago, there was a TV ad, about oil for cars engines. The man asked would you want to pay me now or later? I would never share my information with any law enforcement agencies. That is what our member did many times. He went public, did TV interviews. What would I have done? Many treasures hunters research many treasures the same times. While reading old magazines, books and doing interviews, I had decided that this story unlike so many others could be true. I knew or should had knew that all treasures being Rebel Gold belong to the federal government. Now I knew that this is big time trouble. I keep my mouth shut and said nothing. Now, while searching with my many detectors here and there and locations where the treasures may be. The best lead and the best location is in a Pa. state park. There is no way drunk or not would I contact the state or federal governments.
The only and best solutions for me is to get loans if I have to, and hire the best law firm in the state to solve my problems and hope that they can get me a great finders fees to make all my hard work, money and investment worth it, and end up rich and of course pay my income taxes. How this will turn out, only God knows and he is not talking. We can all agree, these law suits already cause our member millions of dollars unless he receive free legal services which I doubt already. It will cost him many more millions of dollars and many more years just to find out if our FBI recovered any Rebel Gold bars. If they did, he had no written or I believe and oral contracts which are not worth the paper that they are written on. Which means, he gets nothing without at least one contract. NOTHING. He can make money written books, magazines, and what he wants and desires the most, a TV interview show. I wish him well, and hope for the sakes of all of us members, who would love that Rebel Gold bars was found, that we can see them in person or on TV. All that money would help pay down our government debts. It would mine. We all would like to thank our member for many forums and great information. God bless.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always count on an individual to look out for their own interests.

That is how come we give police and soldiers hero status, because they are working in the interests of others and placing greater value on individuals other than themselves. But what happens when a soldier becomes disillusioned?

It's not hard to become disillusioned in an incompetent organization.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can always count on an individual to look out for their own interests.

That is how come we give police and soldiers hero status, because they are working in the interests of others and placing greater value on individuals other than themselves. But what happens when a soldier becomes disillusioned?

It's not hard to become disillusioned in an incompetent organization.

Like seriously give the OP some credit and take this "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF TEA IN CHINA" discussion over to another part-really-get over it-but it seems no matter what topic this unrelated crap about the GOV'T this or that worms it's way into the discussion-really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesorodeoro, Duckshot, please keep political comments out of posts, we have a political forum for that.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like seriously give the OP some credit and take this "WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF TEA IN CHINA" discussion over to another part-really-get over it-but it seems no matter what topic this unrelated crap about the GOV'T this or that worms it's way into the discussion-really.

Oh. I was under the impression that this thread was about FinderKeeper's labor being stolen from him by a portion of our Federal government or some entity within our government. That was the claim made in the topic post....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. I was under the impression that this thread was about FinderKeeper's labor being stolen from him by a portion of our Federal government or some entity within our government. That was the claim made in the topic post....

At this point there is zero evidence that any gold was found at dents run.

It was mentioned by finderkeepers that there was possibly native American remains in one of the holes they were exploring.

That would explain the fbi being brought in to investigate the human remains as well as not allowing access to the site or records as there was an investigation going on to authenticate whether the remains were native American (burial site?) or a potential crime scene.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Oh I believe that is what has been discussed and hashed over and over. And all important things to do with the topic.
But it crosses over, knowingly or not, down that other road.

Treasure Hunter stated it very clearly once again.

Now what part are you confused about the edited part or whats left?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is allowed within the scope of the thread. Comments like below by you is politics and not allowed.

"Us taxpayers should be getting a return on "our" investment. Nope, government is incompetent. When our government finds a gold mine they either tinkle it away on useless projects or they give it all away to gigantic corporations. Totally incompetent."

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
As Paul Harvey would say......"The rest of the story"

"In 2013, the affidavit said, the legislative staffer contacted a pair of treasure hunters who had identified the likely site of the gold. The staffer “corruptly” offered to get the treasure hunters a state permit to dig “in return for three bars of gold or ten percent” of whatever they recovered. The staffer said he was acting on behalf of others in state government, according to Archer, including “someone who controlled money going to DCNR and someone working in the Pennsylvania governor’s office.”

The backstory certainly helps fill in the voids as to why this thing went off the rails. It probably was and still is an on going investigation! ↑

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness, the WaPo comments.... :icon_jokercolor:

Most of us have been following this for a while. While I have formed my own belief as to the legend and probability of anything buried, I fully support the efforts to get the FBI to produce and disclose its documents regarding this matter. Now that the news media has joined the fray, that document release may come sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions