Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't Get Completely Skunked!

Went out for a couple of hours with my wife to see if we could find some pecktographs, but could not locate them. Will have to go back and see if I can find them.
My wife was fortunate to find this small obsidian point. The item in the second photo looks like a large metate. We also found in the imediate area a large accumalation of river rock that may have been used in food preperation. Literally every rock is cracked and broken due to being heated. This site is on a bluff that is aproximetly several hundred yards from a major stream.
The last group of photo's are of the area that we treked.

Attachments

• folder 3 017.JPG
    folder 3 017.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • folder 3 006.JPG
    folder 3 006.JPG
    994.9 KB · Views: 80
  • folder 3 007.JPG
    folder 3 007.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
  • folder 3 010.JPG
    folder 3 010.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • folder 3 016.JPG
    folder 3 016.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • folder 3 015.JPG
    folder 3 015.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ! Beautiful area. Worth the journey just for the view. I would never take scenery like that for granted. It is purdy. That would have been a dandy point. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking and commenting. The sandstone bluffs and outcropings are quite prevelent around here, and we sometimes take their uniqueness for granted. Thanks to those for your comments! :notworthy:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!Brings back fond memories of chasin Bobcats around that part of the country!

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!Brings back fond memories of chasin Bobcats around that part of the country!

There are still a few around, but very secretive. And the lion population is also expanding in certain areas.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still a few around, but very secretive. And the lion population is also expanding in certain areas.

.......because of the wolves in my end of the State....used to have a healthy pop. of lions,now with the wolf,they are showing up out your way.

bci101tractors

Jan 10, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find O.D., you have some beautiful countryside there. I used to take trout fishing trips to the Bitterroot, Beaverhead and also Big Hole, great reminder that I definatly need a vacation...Thanks for posting.
BCI

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......because of the wolves in my end of the State....used to have a healthy pop. of lions,now with the wolf,they are showing up out your way.

I know that there have been a few seen on the edges of Billings Mt., and it won't be long before some pets start to go missing. But the Mt. Fish & Game are pretty good about trying to solve these issues. But , Yes their population is growing in this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread