What's new

Didnt think Id ever find this one

bruce01364

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
30
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't think I'd ever find this one

My hunting buddy and I have always wanted to find a GW inaugural button but didn't think it would ever happen. I'm happy to say we were wrong. I found one today. It's not in great shape but I don't care. It's an object related to our first president and one of the founding fathers of our country. Even if it wasn't worth anything it's just awesome to me to have found this piece of American history. I'm hoping now that my hunting partner can find one also. If anyone can tell me the variety of the button I'd appreciate it.
 

Attachments

  • P1010001.webp
    P1010001.webp
    67 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 73
Thanks everyone. For a dug button it IS in nice shape but there is some green eating into the base metal and had to put some oil on it to keep it from drying out. Not complaining though. lol. Here is the back side.P1010002.webp
 
Thanks everyone. For a dug button it IS in nice shape but there is some green eating into the base metal and had to put some oil on it to keep it from drying out. Not complaining though. lol. Here is the back side.View attachment 1320915

That may have been verdigris which you neutralize with a quick acetone bath. I'm unsure if oil works in stopping it
 
WTG on the GW!
 
I never knew how bad I wanted to find buttons... Until I saw all the amazing buttons on this site!
 
Congrats on great find yesterday...cant wait till we go back!!!!
 
Thanks Scrappy, I'll give acetone a try.
 
Next time we go back I'm hoping you find a mate. Then you'll be really happy... HAPPYCAMPER.
 
I dug one way back in 1988-89. Didn't even know what it was at the time. I remember being disappointed because it wasn't a coin. Two years later I found out what it was and my attitude towards it changed !
 
I'm more of a coin shooter, but I'd love to dig one of them. Congrats on getting one of your dream finds.
 
Welcome to T-Net and congratulations on your button. Nice first post and button!!!!!!
 
man killer find!
 
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. This is my best find so far and probably the only one worth posting. Doubt that I will find anything better this year but there is a lot of time left. Anything is possible. Good luck to all of you.
 
Bruce-what a terrific find. Congrats to you!#
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom