Die Hards

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
bob where abouts in tennessee
i have done a little bit in tn when i lived there never snowed enought to make a difference though

mav

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Mavrick, I live between Memphis and Nashville a little place called Lexington, about 10 miles south of Parkers Crossroads. BoB.B

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Bob B. said:
How many die hards are out there? does anyone push the snow out of the way to get to a target?

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. Went out yesterday morn'n and it was pretty chilly here in Indy...
I hate the cold, I was thinking " I'm not sure if I want to do this in the winter, or not ".
I'm sure they'll be a few days it won't be too bad, but I think I may just do a lot of research this winter, and hit it hard next spring

Good luck & happy Hunting~

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I'll be doing lots of research in the winter. Moving the snow isn't a problem, it's jackhammering through the ground. Besides, my wife thinks I'm a little nuts with the detecting anyway, so taking a few months off provides a little balance. :-)

woodworker40

Oct 17, 2004
Here in Pa. we get a lot of snow, and the ground freezes up so most of the winter will be spent in my wood shop. But when a nice day comes along you can bet I'll be out looking.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) BOB, I live in east TN in BLount Co.10 miles south of Knoxville.Wenter is some what mild and very little snow.Iget out alot in the winter.It seems to get milder each year,but we are due one.Lots of history from east to west in TN.dont you love it?HH

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
i used to reside in the tri-cities area for the last 9 years up until this year and it snowed a few times but the ground never really got cold enough to freeze very well with a little effort and an e-tool aka military trenching tool you can get right through that Tennessee ground i know some days it gets boring in the winter i grew up in pa so i know what the ground is like there but bob best of luck to you friend in the winter there but i think you should be good up-to the 2nd week of Jan............HH

Mav

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The ground freezes sometime around Christmas in Chicagoland. Wouldn't mind spending a winter in warmer climes sometime for detecting's sake but then I'd miss all the shoveling...

I

imograss

I live about an hour west of Nashville. I'm just starting out MDing myself and so far am having a blast. I don't think the Tennessee snow will hinder you much as it always seems to miss us.

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
I live half way between Nashville and Memphis in the town of Lexington, moved here from Nevada last year.
Alot of Civil War in this area and I was wodering how it was to MD in the winter.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in Loudon county TN. When i was there i could have hunted year round, but back then i was still on a detecting hiatus >:(

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
the snow dont slow us down just the frozen ground! The snow makes it easy to tell where you have checked and you dont miss a spot. Cladius.

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in the upstate of South Carolina we get more snow than most areas of Tenn.
I still hunt all year long. A little hint, the snow settling in the soil will create more halo effect on targets. It makes for some goooood huntin'. HH! Chris

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, shucks-- Even here on teh beautiful sunny beaches of Southern California detecting is seasonal-- it is nice enough to hunt year round, but we don't get the 'traffic' that loses stuff except during the summer. Usually I do my park hunting in the winter and beach hunting in the summer. But digging in a park is a lot harder than sand!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread