Difference between Super 12 and "300" coil...

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
finderskeepers said:
...is there any?

That I know of is that super 12 are all v rated and just some of the 300 were. But its the same coil.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you norbyx...that jibes with what little I've been able to dig up for info also.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's makes an Eclipse 300 (12") Spyder loop so I think what your referring to is the same coil. The other coils they make currently in the Eclipse models are:
Eclipse DD 10x6
Eclipse Mini DD 4x6
Eclipse DD 1400 14x10
Eclipse 950
Eclipse 10" Double D

The only other 12" inch coil they make is for the TDI machines which are PI machines, TDI 12" Dual Field Loop

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
White's makes an Eclipse 300 (12") Spyder loop so I think what your referring to is the same coil. The other coils they make currently in the Eclipse models are:
Eclipse DD 10x6
Eclipse Mini DD 4x6
Eclipse DD 1400 14x10
Eclipse 950
Eclipse 10" Double D

The only other 12" inch coil they make is for the TDI machines which are PI machines, TDI 12" Dual Field Loop

My friend, you should know that whites used to make the 300 ltd coil a few years ago and now the coil is called super 12 and it's listed in the whites web site under accessories. And it isn't an eclipse series.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were called 300 coils for countries that use the metric system as they measure 300 mm.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to the Whites page under accessories like you say and hit the enlarge button on the 12" coil which is called the Super 12 you will see on the coil running vertical " 300 " So in fact this is the same coil and is considered an Eclipse model series. It may be 300 mm as you say but there is NO difference between the two, they are the same coil. If you were to order one it would come up under the Eclipse series listed as I posted above. Eclipse 300 (12") Spyder loop. And on your receipt it would also read, Eclipse 300 (12") Spyder loop. This is also the same coil that comes stock on the MXT PRO but you can order a MXT PRO with the 9.5 as well for a little less.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the MXT300 about the time they came out and there was a difference from the super12 coils I've seen at the time, as far as how the detector see's the coil there's no difference but the 300 coil was a little thicker and heavier than the super12 coils which didn't bother me I thought it looked made a little tougher. Although the coil went bad and so did the next one they sent me in a little more than a year at that point I lost confidence in that coil so they sent me a D2 coil and never looked back I got just as much depth with better separation and I own two D2 coils now. I also have 950,6x10,4x6, and a detech ultimate13" DD coil and not sure if it matters I think most 300 coils had the 300LTD on them like mine. HH

Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
William the 300 is not labeled like that just for the euro market, it was sold in the us as the 300 as well. You want to see a difference? Look at the shape of the coil where it hooks up to the shaft, the 300 is thicker than the super 12.
In any case they are basically the same coil BUT the 300 was introduced with the mxt 300 series and the dfx300. So just the latest production coils were v rated while the super 12 are all v rated.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that was then and this now, what they currently stock and sell as labeled the super 12 is the same coil designated by the 300 printed vertical. So basically if were to buy new which I recommend doing anyways because buying used is just buying someone elses problem , you will find NO diffferences between the coils because as of this very moment in time White's does not stock the old coil nor do they sell the old coil , White's stocks and sells the Super 12 which is the same coil as the Eclipse 300 12" Spyder Loop. And yes this coil comes stock with the DFX and the MXT PRO however the MXT comes stock with the 9.5 coil currently. And yes it is V-rated and waterproof and lighter in weight then the original 300 form years past which is NO longer being produced or SOLD unless you buy a used one which you dont want to do because they were junk coils. GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread