Attachments

• image-2988605904.jpg
    image-2988605904.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1458628928.jpg
    image-1458628928.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
A business strike is just any coin that is struck in the circulation format. Correct me if I'm wrong.

i've noticed the same thing with several new halves, i hope somebody could help out identifying what happened to make the edges look so different.
hh

i've noticed the same thing with several new halves, i hope somebody could help out identifying what happened to make the edges look so different.
hh

I think I remember reading about the mint using different suppliers for planchets then leading to different thicknesses. Most of them Ifind from then are thin. I'd keep it til you find out some more. I'll see what I can find.

Numismaniac said:
Sag is right. Business strike = not a proof.

Thanks all. That's how I had understood it from previously reading about it. But why would some halves from the same mint and year be as thick as a proof and others thin as a wafer? I need to get a scale to weigh them.

And to add more fuel (variations) to the pile, some business strike modern clads would have a reflective mirror sheen to them, as if striked from a proof planchets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back