differences between trash pumps and dredge pumps?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
vaquero44 said:
need your help guys on looking for a pump, can get away using a trash pump 3" hose that has 26' of lift and 98' of overhead what ever you want to call it and has 158gpm capabilities? complete newbie at this!

Depends on what you are running.They work great on a highbanker but not good on a dredge over 2inch.A dredge pump such as Keene or Proline deliver a lot of water under high pressure hence the high price.I run a trash pump on my 2 inch dredge highbanker combo because it was affordable but any larger of a unit you need the power of a good dredge pump.

Regards
Jeff

Chris In W Georgia

Oct 25, 2004
vaquero44 said:
need your help guys on looking for a pump, can get away using a trash pump 3" hose that has 26' of lift and 98' of overhead what ever you want to call it and has 158gpm capabilities? complete newbie at this!

Vaquero44, If you go look at this post: (would this pump work on a small dredge) its about 1/2 way down this page and Strick talks about his setup... O'l Blue :headbang: Strick's 3" dredge has more than enough suction using a 3" Clear water pump. I have seen this dredge get some great gold!!! There is alot of info on these pumps if you look back at the posts in this forum.......Chris

Attachments

• Strick\'dredge.jpg
    Strick\'dredge.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2,566

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PSI/GPM make the mining world go around--when ya don't post what ya wanna do nobody can really help you :o state specifics and the world opens up for you here :evil5: tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread