Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone. Thought I would get back out to my fort area this afternoon and so I hit an 1885 circa home along the old road. Not much in the way of military relics today but a few finds any way. The only find that was down in the fort era layer was this brass tab with the initials of U and R on it. Any ideas on this thing would be appreciated. I pulled two brass earrings out and also this sterling silver piece with a female on the front. I’m not sure what it is. Anyway thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!!
F7293C45-39D7-42EC-9E64-1F3187949B81.png
3B1E0580-D7A5-4B4B-8AB5-9F50AABDEEFE.png
1B4451D4-78C1-4C1D-B750-57E2A9C1BF67.png

Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Thought I would get back out to my fort area this afternoon and so I hit an 1885 circa home along the old road. Not much in the way of military relics today but a few finds any way. The only find that was down in the fort era layer was this brass tab with the initials of U and R on it. Any ideas on this thing would be appreciated. I pulled two brass earrings out and also this sterling silver piece with a female on the front. I’m not sure what it is. Anyway thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!! View attachment 2045459 View attachment 2045460 View attachment 2045462
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. You always come up with some cool stuff around your fort area.
Thanks for sharing it all with us.
Now, to the silver piece. This is a long-shot but check the other side & see if there is a little pivotal pimple ("nub") somewhere near the center of the piece.

The reason I say this is an old friend of mine was a tool & die maker for Gillette in Boston. He had a piece similar in shape to yours but it was a duck. Guys like him would make pieces like that that were PERFECTLY balanced so on a smooth flat surface, you could "flick" one end with your finger & it would spin nicely with perfect balance. This tested & showed off their precision as a tool & die man.
Check the back & see if it is one of those.
Nice piece of old sterling whatever it is. CONGRATS !!!

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Hello everyone. Thought I would get back out to my fort area this afternoon and so I hit an 1885 circa home along the old road. Not much in the way of military relics today but a few finds any way. The only find that was down in the fort era layer was this brass tab with the initials of U and R on it. Any ideas on this thing would be appreciated. I pulled two brass earrings out and also this sterling silver piece with a female on the front. I’m not sure what it is. Anyway thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!! View attachment 2045459 View attachment 2045460 View attachment 2045462
Pendants are silver?

Congrats

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The goddess Mekhala on a nielloware brooch, depicted with her characteristic crystal and lightning bolts.

siam-silver-thai-nielloware-brooch.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did very GOOD :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread