What's new

Dig Find..Brass Symbol Tags/Medals Masonic?

apbroker

Greenie
Joined
Sep 27, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I recently was on a dig and found a bunch of these stamped brass tags/medals with all different kinds of symbols on them. They are all diamond shaped with a Flaming granada, crossed sword and flags etc.. I will include pictures. I am very stumped I have no idea what these are. Possibly masonic? Any help would be much appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2008.webp
    IMG_2008.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2009.webp
    IMG_2009.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2010.webp
    IMG_2010.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2011.webp
    IMG_2011.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2012.webp
    IMG_2012.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
Yes I found them in California but it was at an old sight where a victorian home burnt down.
 
Upvote 0
lets see swords and lances -- military lancers group --flaming bomb --artillery men -- the horn is common to those on civil war era infantry caps ---my rough guess is ---pre civil war era --british type military symbols
 
Upvote 0
They are military collar devices... I have seen metal ones like these before, but I can't remember what country they are from offhand. I think they are French though, because I do know I've seen similar collar tabs but cloth backed that were WW2 Free French Army. Yours may be WW1 era? It'll take a bit of research to confirm, definitely a neat find
 
Upvote 0
I don't know much on stuff like this but based by the symbols on them I would also assume military.
 
Upvote 0
lets see swords and lances -- military lancers group --flaming bomb --artillery men -- the horn is common to those on civil war era infantry caps ---my rough guess is ---pre civil war era --british type military symbols

I agree with Ivan and add: Swords and lances are Cavalry. Flaming bomb is Artillery. Castle is Engineers. The scramble with the double horn, sword, and (?) item is Infantry. The "PM" badge is a mystery but may be Military Police, but from a country with a Latin-based language, requiring the reverse order, such as "Policia Militaria." If you can figure out what the (?) mystery symbol is on the Infantry badge, it may help narrow down the origin. Hard to tell if it is a musket, fasces, or crutch! Definitely a great group of relics and worthy of displaying. Sub 8-)
 
Upvote 0
Odd Fellows, Patriarchs Militant.
 
Upvote 0
It is a musket or rifle for sure.
 
Upvote 0
CANT TOUCH THIS....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom