All Treasure Hunting

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL I'd still watch, But I'd think oh no "not another Tree hugger :icon_scratch: "

Jeez Jeff, trees need love too! I'd tell you all about me hugging pine trees but I dont want to get all sappy on ya. ...:laughing7:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not going to beat a dead horse but this has been my complaint the entire time. No mention of proper detecting methods or ethics and too much zany antics. Cut the antics back and add some ethics then you will have a better show for everyone.

Some people keep bringing up haters. I don't hate them I just think it could be a much better product then what they are putting out. The actually annoy me (not as much as Savage) but I watch to see where they are digging and what they are digging. I've started turning off the show right before they have their bet results at the end which to me has made the show more enjoyable.

BTW before anyone says I'm just jealous..I don't want my own detecting show. I have too much work the way it is and I'm not looking for any more plus I want to keep my hobby as a hobby. That is why I don't sell my finds...lol.

I wish them both the best and will most likely keep watching but I do hope the show continues in the direction it has been taking.
NJ

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
I just the timer on my dvr. I have been watching videos of other people decting for the past year. I kinda like the two on the show. Seems better than that savage guy. Since I am new to the hobby I assumed all you people talked that way. Had no idea it was their own personal slang. I am not officially one of "you people" until friday when my detector arrives. :-)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad for all the people that stopped watching the show because tonights episode was just like they all wished it would be. None of the craziness and a great history lesson. The second show was a repeat of one of the first episodes with all the roundness, juice and antics. I watched it again and liked it again. I like the show done either way. Way to go Ringy and KG.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad for all the people that stopped watching the show because tonights episode was just like they all wished it would be. None of the craziness and a great history lesson. The second show was a repeat of one of the first episodes with all the roundness, juice and antics. I watched it again and liked it again. I like the show done either way. Way to go Ringy and KG.

Really? I'll take your word for it and look for it on a rerun next week. I'm one that stopped watching after the first two episode because of the silliness (and foreign language and fairy tale prices and...).
What was this weeks episode called?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't watch their Reruns, once I saw them I'm Happy.

I enjoyed last nights episode as usual & Laughed at their $12.00 30-06 brass :laughing7:

Last edited:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff someone might pay that price for a peace of that history Just never know

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought it was a good history lesson as well but come on $12 for 30-06 casings and $15 for stripper clips? I know it probably wasn't Ringy or KG who added that but still.
I still like the show but have to agree with others, it could make potential land owner yes's turn into no's because they might think we are trying to get rich off of whats in the ground on their land.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff someone might pay that price for a peace of that history Just never know

Yea Maybe that's why they list those prices.
Maybe the producers reimburse them for what they Donate to the museum :tongue3:

in which case each one would be worth $100 to me :laughing7:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Yea Maybe that's why they list those prices.
Maybe the producers reimburse them for what they Donate to the museum :tongue3:

in which case each one would be worth $100 to me :laughing7:

They keep talking gun control that might be cheap Lol

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can get $12 for a 30-06 casing I'm heading back into the woods by my house and coming out a rich man. I also feel that is done by the producers and not the hosts. I've found holes with 50-100 casings in them from when the woods were used for training troops.

I did enjoy the show last night even though some of the assumptions they make from their finds I don't always agree with but that will be verified or rejected with more in-depth research and recoveries of the site.

As I stated yesterday I do like the way the show is going....I hope they keep it up.

NJ

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get $12 for a 30-06 casing I'm heading back into the woods by my house and coming out a rich man. I also feel that is done by the producers and not the hosts. I've found holes with 50-100 casings in them from when the woods were used for training troops.

I did enjoy the show last night even though some of the assumptions they make from their finds I don't always agree with but that will be verified or rejected with more in-depth research and recoveries of the site.

As I stated yesterday I do like the way the show is going....I hope they keep it up.

NJ

the amount of shells on the hill said yes Machine Guns

The shotgun shell (probably paper shell, & 22 said no to me

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't show enough casings for there to have been a machine gun up there. A group a people all firing 30-06, yes. A machine gun(s) would have had piles of brass. they would have been pulling them out of the hole by the dozens, not ones and twos.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't show enough casings for there to have been a machine gun up there. A group a people all firing 30-06, yes. A machine gun(s) would have had piles of brass. they would have been pulling them out of the hole by the dozens, not ones and twos.

I don't think they showed all because of time constraints,
and I think the one shot showed a hole that appeared to have a pile in it.
so I have to disagree with you because of this.
but :thumbsup:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure how that type of machine gun feeds in the projectiles but would there be anything like a clip associated to the machine gun that would prove there was a machine gun there. I know at one point they found the clip that holds 5 bullets but I believe that was at a different part of the site and I don't believe that would be used with a machine gun.

NJ

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how that type of machine gun feeds in the projectiles but would there be anything like a clip associated to the machine gun that would prove there was a machine gun there. I know at one point they found the clip that holds 5 bullets but I believe that was at a different part of the site and I don't believe that would be used with a machine gun.

NJ

:dontknow: only thing I can picture would be some type of belt :dontknow:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the time period I believe they were using a belt-fed type machine gun. If they had a pile in a hole, I must have missed it. The stripper clips were used for top-loading the 1903 and simliar rifles. Swapping magazines wasn't common back then, you just reloaded the one in the gun.

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno About those guys, if they are real as some say, some of the things they say causes you to wonder. Like, in area's where they are in hill country, tree's high grass and such and say ya have to watch out for copper heads, timber rattlers etc, and they are jabbering away, and wearing both ear pieces on their ears, they would never hear a hiss or rattle, and it gives people watching a false sense of security to see that, if there are snakes in the area, might be best only to have one ear muff on and volume turned down to hear. don't know just my thought tho.:dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno About those guys, if they are real as some say, some of the things they say causes you to wonder. Like, in area's where they are in hill country, tree's high grass and such and say ya have to watch out for copper heads, timber rattlers etc, and they are jabbering away, and wearing both ear pieces on their ears, they would never hear a hiss or rattle, and it gives people watching a false sense of security to see that, if there are snakes in the area, might be best only to have one ear muff on and volume turned down to hear. don't know just my thought tho.:dontknow:

Camera crew is on them also & most likely more. like (Go-fer, Butwiper, yes-men etc.)
I never worry about snakes & with everyone around them, I'd have less reason
as they can get bit first:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread