Diggers Show

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last night I read an email that White's detectors has decided to pull their ads off the Digger's show after the next ad runs. Since I DVR everything I did not even know they were an advertiser...lol. It is only one advertiser but it could start a trend.

I have mixed emotions about this...I don't think they are the best role models for the hobby (not that they ever asked to be role models but it happens when your on TV) but I do feel they were bringing the show in the right direction. If they kept going in that direction it could have become a really good show. Add a touch of responsible detecting, a little bit more on the history of each site, reduce or remove the sillyness/bets and the inflated potential values then you could have a real winner on your hands. IMHO.

With the two guys toning it down the last few episodes they were even starting to grow on me a little or it may just be a rash.

Happy hunting

NJ

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they use Garrett ?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought they use Garrett ?

They do but I guess Whites was running an ad during their show or somewhere on Nat Geo channel that they are pulling. The email mentioned something about a Friday spot which Diggers is on Tuesday I think so maybe it was not during the show but just on the channel. Who knows...I just thought it was interesting. They must have been getting some flack from somewhere.

NJ

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps they didnt like advertising on a channel that had a program using a competitors machine.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps they didnt like advertising on a channel that had a program using a competitors machine.

Could be...not what they stated in their email but that would make sense.

NJ

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do but I guess Whites was running an ad during their show or somewhere on Nat Geo channel that they are pulling. The email mentioned something about a Friday spot which Diggers is on Tuesday I think so maybe it was not during the show but just on the channel. Who knows...I just thought it was interesting. They must have been getting some flack from somewhere.

NJ

Yea I wonder.

I never watch commercials, I use Forward Jump through them on my remote,
so I never even notice
who's commercials are there :tongue3: maybe it's just not cost effective to them any more,
or whites is hinting for a show with whites detectors

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm trying to remember what they said in the email with out misquoting them. Don't hold me to this but it was something about responsible and realistic detecting. I thought the realistic comment was more at Ric Savage although it could be about the potential values on Diggers.

I hate commercials...it is rare that I watch live TV but when I do I always try to skip the commercials then get annoyed when I remember its live and I can't...lol.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I read an email that White's detectors has decided to pull their ads off the Digger's show after the next ad runs. Since I DVR everything I did not even know they were an advertiser...lol. It is only one advertiser but it could start a trend.

I have mixed emotions about this...I don't think they are the best role models for the hobby (not that they ever asked to be role models but it happens when your on TV) but I do feel they were bringing the show in the right direction. If they kept going in that direction it could have become a really good show. Add a touch of responsible detecting, a little bit more on the history of each site, reduce or remove the sillyness/bets and the inflated potential values then you could have a real winner on your hands. IMHO.

With the two guys toning it down the last few episodes they were even starting to grow on me a little or it may just be a rash.

Happy hunting

NJ
Take all that out of the show and we wouldnt have anything to talk about and they might have already pulled the plug. I hope they keep doing the show exactly how they are doing it. Look at all the interest its generated on here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to remember what they said in the email with out misquoting them. Don't hold me to this but it was something about responsible and realistic detecting. I thought the realistic comment was more at Ric Savage although it could be about the potential values on Diggers.

I hate commercials...it is rare that I watch live TV but when I do I always try to skip the commercials then get annoyed when I remember its live and I can't...lol.

Yea I purposely hit pause when I realize I can't FF and let it sit for 30 Minutes to an hour
before continuing :laughing7:

and yes I wonder on that too as I believe Diggers is as realistic as Gold Fever.
and even Tom Massey acts the fool and exaggerates the value of his tiny pickers on outdoor channel :laughing7:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if hunting with a buddy has anything to do with our opinions on the show. I hunt with a partner probably 95% of the time and I really like the show. If I never (or seldom) hunted with someone then my opinion of the show might not be the same. I have been with lookindown when he was so excited about a find that he couldn't hardly talk. When the Lakers won the championship he was outside running around the house. When the Cowboys won a close game I was celebrating so much that I accidentally put my hand in the ceiling fan and thought I broke my fingers. I found a Platinum ring and he said he thought Rick Flare was on the beach hooting and hollering. He found a silver half and couldn't hardly speak. He just kept saying "WHAT IS THAT? WHAT IS THAT?" What I'm saying is we kind of live our lives like that. It's not just metal detecting. Hell. I've seen him run right through a wall in his house and smash a chair to smithereens (no kidding) His wife almost killed us for that one. It is real, we have lived it for 35 years. I can understand though. If I was alone I probably wouldn't have done any of those things..... Damn I'm glad I wasn't alone.

Last edited:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Happy hunting

NJ

I agree with you. It looks to me they are trying to be more historically responsible. It is nice to see them working with the archies though. Maybe that will change their opinion about us. (Doubtful but you never know)

The more I watch them the more I dont mind them. yeah the lingo is a little goofy, but im sure everyone has some goofy things they say that someone is not going to like. Besides, when you watch that savage show, it really makes these guys look alright!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... Well lookindown you know what i said many times... I sell every thing ..I am not a collector or a horder.......... I know some people will not like this but to me ...... Relic's are just cash or junk .... But i can always find some one to buy that rusty junk.........But i am not a relic hunter ... but at times i run across one..............
I have no problem with anyone selling their finds...their yours, do what you want with them. I sell the rings I find beach detecting...except the ones my wife steals.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
I have no problem with anyone selling their finds...their yours, do what you want with them. I sell the rings I find beach detecting...except the ones my wife steals.

Same here,I sell silver and gold,I don't sell my civil war bullets,but I do give some away to kids for their history classes,my way of sharing history,and selling silver gives me mad money!

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
Saltwater, very cool of you to share that with the kids. Having something tangible to relate to definately will peak their intersts.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice Saltwater.

A group I work with use to set up what we called an 'Artifake' hunt for kids. We would show them how to use a metal detector and how to plot out their finds. Then take them out into an area that we planted musketballs that we made. They would then record what they found: area, size and weight. Plot it on a map of the area. Then try to come up with thoughts on the fake battle.

We don't do it anymore because we were advised it could open us up to legal actions down the road. Giving kids balls made out of lead. Granted these were older kids that I think were way beyond the oral stage so I don't think they would have chewed on a musketball but better safe then sorry.

NJ

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Next time you could use "slingshot ammo" .45 caliber stainless steel balls....nge

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
"......." BOOM BABY "..... $(KGrHqJHJC4FCFNEWMkWBQjMF-MUmQ~~60_12.JPG OH OH Wrong show..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread