Digging a 45-D walker on video

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Manny invited Doug, Mark and myself to detect at some properties his aunt lined up for us. The first site was his aunt's 1920's home in town. I dug a nice 1945-D walker and Doug pulled a nice token from the ground. Later in the day at an old burnt down farmhouse, Doug found what appeared to be two large cents holed and still tied together. One of the big coppers was actually a Canadian bank token, St George haf penny from 1857. He also managed a merc and wheats and injuns, so he pulled the rug out from under my walker. ;D I wasn't aroud to film his recoveries at the farmhouse, I was on the non producing side of the home. >:(
[youtube=425,350]4-7ksBxY1eg[/youtube]

Upvote 0
"Wow" I felt the excitement on that find. You made me a bit nervous when you started rubbing that beauty.

Great coin there Steve can't wait to see all the finds at the next Diggers meeting! Nice video too looking forward to more!

Thanks everyone, looked kinda scary in the video just how close I was to the coin with the digger, but I was in control the "hole" time. :laughing9: I thought it was a quarter when I first saw it and grabbed the camera. I didn't find any other oldies at this place, but I'm plenty happy with what I got. :laughing7: I just wish I'd taped Doug's large coppers coming out of the ground.

very cool, wish I could pull one of those out of the dirt every time i went dirt fishin.....:) also liked the video.......great job and hh

Nice half man

They are hard to come by.

HH Jer

i think that is a good day by most standerds :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Congrats on the big silver! Next time use ur hands. I think you gave most of us a heart attack having to watch that digger so close to that beauty. jk, but kinda serious. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back