What's new

Digging in a neighbors yard

Papakhan

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Boone, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digging in a neighbor's yard

I was hunting in a neighbor's yard with my new AT Pro and found this cool 1960 Boy Scout slide. Any suggestions on how to keep form digging can slaw. This neighbor's yard is full of old cans and bottle caps.
 

Attachments

  • photo 1.webp
    photo 1.webp
    354.6 KB · Views: 179
  • photo 2.webp
    photo 2.webp
    351.8 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 12
Oh yeah I almost forgot also found an old pocket watch and 2 wheat pennies.
 
if you don't want to dig canslaw stop metal detecting it sounds like all the good stuff
 
Nice save. Can slaw or Silver? Can Slaw or Silver? If you want the latter you will have to dig the former.
 
Yeah that's what I thought. I can't believe how much can slaw and bottle caps are in her yard but I will be digging a lot more. The other problem is every can in this yard has got to be 10" down. Thanks for the comments.
 
Nice recoveries! When you're finding things like that there's always more.

One time after I dug 2 aluminum can lids in a 10-foot area at a trashy demo property, the third "can lid" turned out to be a 1922 Silver Peace Dollar so. . .
the worst that could happen is you clear the trash and start finding the goodies. As others have said, keep digging and the good stuff will come.
 
Nice BSA piece :thumbsup: Congrats on getting out and enjoying the hobby today.
 
well once ya clean out all the can debris, the goods should be waiting!
 
Nice save. Can slaw or Silver? Can Slaw or Silver? If you want the latter you will have to dig the former.

Yuuup Pop tab Pop tab Pop tab 2 gold rings pop tab nail penny pop tab pop tab foil quarter
 
That ground was there before neighbor moved there an no telling who or what happened on it in years past.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom