What's new

Digging Iron

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been clearing the bigger iron from the seated field in hopes of finding more silver. As you can see from the pic, there is plenty. :BangHead: Its a lot of work and rarely pays off but I did get an indian that was laying against the iron as you can see from the pic. If the farmer ever plows it I just might find some more silver as most of the seated I did find came from the dense iron
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    852.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    140.7 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 12
Looks like a lot of digging congrats on the injun
 
Sometimes that's what it takes to get to the goodies though! Hopefully more coinage is in your future for your efforts.
 
That field of yours is totally worth it! Keep on clearing all that iron out of there. My colonial site doesnt have a non-ferrous signal left... so I go there just to dig iron and I'm always surprised at whats masked down there.
 
Is the place due to be plowed this year? Looks like you sure are working that site hard. Removing all the iron can only help in future hunts. Congrats on eking out that Indian. :occasion14:
 
Is the place due to be plowed this year? Looks like you sure are working that site hard. Removing all the iron can only help in future hunts. Congrats on eking out that Indian. :occasion14:

I dont know. Most fields around here are already planted or have had wheat on them since winter. I drive by there everday expecting to see a plow:dontknow:
 
I won't say it rarely pays off, keep at it.
 
keep at it, It may not seam like it helps at times but it sure never hurts!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom