Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off for another hunt in the woods, and I couldn't find a high tone to save my life. I'm thinking that this area has been picked over pretty good. Given the lack of high VDI's, I started digging pretty much everything.. I was very happy with the results: 1898 Liberty Nickel, 1871 IHP, and an 1957 Flying Eagle Cent. None of these signals sounded especially promising...but WOW...I'll take 'em. The IHP is really sharp and has a killer patina. The flying eagle cent isn't bad either. Thanks for taking a look.

018.JPG028.JPG025.JPG036.JPG

Upvote 31
That's why I dig it all. As long as it is a consistent signal, I dig it, no matter what the tone is. Congrats on some nice coppers.

Very nice! How did you get them so shinny?

Congrats on the old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Great finds and a great hunt. I'd be quite alright with no high tones if I ended up with those!

pretty awesome results, should be more great finds in there

You dug a winner ! The 1871 Indian Head cent , according to the Redbook , is worth some decent bucks !! If the reverse is as nice as the obverse , you have a fine coin there !!!

Thanks for the nice comments. The reverse of the IHP isn't too bad. The same can't be said for the FE...pretty crunchy!

031.JPG026.JPG

Agreed, nice IHP for sure. Flying Eagle maybe toasty but they are hard to find in any shape.

Nice work. 3 very nice keepers. Congrats! Maybe the next little patch of woods will have tons of high tones. GL out there.

Awesome finds! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back