Gimmie The Loot
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 11, 2010
- Messages
- 1,246
- Reaction score
- 45
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Driftwood, TX
- Detector(s) used
- etrac, ACE 250
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Had some time, gas money and a rental car and took a trip downstate to visit the Soupster and try my luck at field hunting. I have to say I forgot how tough hunting a field can be. Dodging corn stalks and bean stubble and watching your step over the plowed stuff... I was beat after 2 full days of it! Very happy with the results though.
My Highlights: My first Barber dime (1916), and a 1916(s) merc that really had me excited. I was afraid to check the mint mark! Misc old items and buttons.
Soupie's Highlights: 1853 Seated dime!!! 1889 IH, old padlock, gnarly old forks, old buttons and other misc items.
First 5 pictures are my finds, the next four are Soup's and the last is the sunset from Saturday night.
HH all!
My Highlights: My first Barber dime (1916), and a 1916(s) merc that really had me excited. I was afraid to check the mint mark! Misc old items and buttons.
Soupie's Highlights: 1853 Seated dime!!! 1889 IH, old padlock, gnarly old forks, old buttons and other misc items.
First 5 pictures are my finds, the next four are Soup's and the last is the sunset from Saturday night.
HH all!
Attachments
-
10162011-5.webp66.2 KB · Views: 557 -
DSC02126.webp54 KB · Views: 686 -
DSC02123.webp41.7 KB · Views: 680 -
DSC02117.webp137.5 KB · Views: 708 -
10162011-Silvers.webp64.6 KB · Views: 644 -
10162011-3.webp33.1 KB · Views: 599 -
1916-2.webp26.1 KB · Views: 515 -
1916-1.webp70 KB · Views: 529 -
DSC02111.webp66.2 KB · Views: 788 -
Sunset.webp35.7 KB · Views: 728


) it was the first hole he dug when we arrived at the spot....lucky devil...although upon arriving I says Jason....go over there about 20 feet in,he does and walla...And no I REALLY did not plant that there....lol...It would be clad if I buried it...Saturday ended with a fine sunset and a tree in the foreground....oh and ribs on the hickory... 








