What's new

digging?

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never dug before, can someone tell me how to do it and what to look for as a good place? Do you just go out in the woods find I high plain and pick a spot?

Johnathan Griswold
 
Upvote 0
Sometimes it can be guesswork like you said picking a high plain and digging a test pit, but if I get on a site say in one of my logging clearcuts it usually don't take long for me to exaust the surface so I will dig where I'm finding the highest concentration of flakes. I usually dig a three foot wide trench about 1 to 2 ft deep and then by doing that have created a wall then i start shaving dirt off the wall.


View attachment 641031 View attachment 641034
 
Last edited:
Is it just as easy to find digging as it is walking in fields?

Johnathan Griswold
 
Hahaha ok

Johnathan Griswold
 
Dig where you find flakes/cores at the surface. Test holes will then give you a general area to dig. Around small streams and rivers is best. It will be hit and miss at first. Then you will start to scratch your head. If your hands are able to do it. Good luck!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom