What's new

dime box--25 rolls groped----no silver--- 3 errors--- thanks, Philly Mint

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'82-P with 1 obverse & 2 reverse die cracks

IMG_7308.webpIMG_7309.webpIMG_7310.webp

'90-P, large die chip between bust & MM

IMG_7311.webpIMG_7312.webp

'99-P, mild die clash both sides
IMG_7313.webpIMG_7314.webp

no eye deer if other half of box is giving sanctuary to any silver hiding in the shadows:dontknow::tongue3:--- there may be a "path to ???"
 
Upvote 0
Nice multi-crack. I honestly have not found much in terms of die cracks on dimes. I knew you'd come through with at least one!
Your large die chip looks similar to my 1988-D in my oddity log. A little smaller, but that's okay. :) It's interesting to learn the common spots where the die fails on all the denominations.
I couldn't really pick up any details on the obverse of the clash, but you can definitely see those trademark lines from Roosevelt's bust on the reverse.
Silver dimes have been slower than usual for me. I think I found two silver Canadians, two FDRs, and one double-holed Mercury in way too many boxes/bags over the last week or so. Definitely averaging less than one silver per $250.
 
with all denoms from the Philly Mint--- the usual suspects are early '80's to late '90's. appears Homer Simpson worked there part time with Peter Griffin and Krusty the Clown :laughing9:. the market on Ebay appears to warrant the time-- sold listings are copious & lucrative---- if ya like "lucras":tongue3::dontknow::laughing9:
 
Good to know on the dime errors/varieties in regards to ebay value. Thank God I have you guys to connect the dots for me on some issues.
I have been targeting the Philly mint coins and devoting more eye-time to them than Denver mint. I'm leaving the date range wide open though after finding a 2016-P with an extremely weak strike AND a clash. Can't wait to photo that one and post it.
Have you been checking for all the known doubled dies? I'd love to know the find-rate for those. I have a bag chock full of those dates that I pulled just waiting to be looked through. The only ones I've searched as I found them are the 2004-D for the doubled ear and the 2016-D for the doubled torch band with zero found so far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom