Dime Box Alert!!!

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my 4th dime box today, my halves didn't come in so I got dimes. Got out to the car and sure enough 2 rolls short! This is the 4th dime box I got and the 4th one short! I got my money back the last 3 times, but I was jibber-jabbing and thought no way 4 times in a row! So I learned my lesson for the the last time. I did find a 1956 Rosey though! Needed 9 more to break even. These are Brink's so make sure you are checking before you leave the bank! Sound's like a Brink's job!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey Prof,
Where in South Jersey are you? I grew up in Asbury Park and go to visit family there often.
rileyboy

Modern Day Miner

May 10, 2010
Denver
TheProf said:
I got my 4th dime box today, my halves didn't come in so I got dimes. Got out to the car and sure enough 2 rolls short! This is the 4th dime box I got and the 4th one short! I got my money back the last 3 times, but I was jibber-jabbing and thought no way 4 times in a row! So I learned my lesson for the the last time. I did find a 1956 Rosey though! Needed 9 more to break even. These are Brink's so make sure you are checking before you leave the bank! Sound's like a Brink's job!

I have had similiar stuff happen to me in my dime boxes. I have had 3 or 4 boxes were a roll of dimes looks like it was cut in half. I don't know if the rolling machine ran out of paper or what but that always bugs you when you are missing a couple of bucks right off the bat.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That is just craaazy! Out of hundreds of boxes I've never had a short, but then again, I rarely get Brinks. ffd

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
Same here never shorted...but I haven't been doing this but 4-5 months on and off and only 2 months of what I would call seriously (for me anyways lol)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Never been shorted on fed dime boxes and I've been through too many of them. Been shorted on the silver though :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread