Dime Boxes

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering the kind of dime boxes others are finding & results. CWI boxes are good for 1 or 2 per box....Brinks clear plastic having same results ...Had a Mega box a few days ago with a total of 8 silver Rosies. The boxes with the holes punched in to verify all are there are skunks 100 % of the time around here. Those boxes have no stamp whatsoever. Anyone know who there from? I'm convinced they have a method of sorting the silver out as Ive had 5 skunk boxes of those since new years.

Upvote 0
terryin pa said:
Was wondering the kind of dime boxes others are finding & results. CWI boxes are good for 1 or 2 per box....Brinks clear plastic having same results ...Had a Mega box a few days ago with a total of 8 silver Rosies. The boxes with the holes punched in to verify all are there are skunks 100 % of the time around here. Those boxes have no stamp whatsoever. Anyone know who there from? I'm convinced they have a method of sorting the silver out as Ive had 5 skunk boxes of those since new years.
Well, the dime boxes I get are CWI stamped, and they have the visible inspection holes in the cardboard. They are usually good for 2 silvers average, although I have pulled up to 14 from a box. I have lousy luck with the Brinks? clear-tube rolls.
I doubt silver is being sorted before pakaging, not worth the effort...but who really knows? Five skunk boxes (in a row) would not be that unusual.

2 keepers sounds about right, I am lucky I guess as I am averaging 3 per box. I have done Brinks boxes and CWI boxes but have never came across clear wrappers. My best box so far was 22 silvers in 1 box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back