What's new

Dime Crazy

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
I had day off work yesterday and went from bank to bank for nearly 8 hours. I started with 1k and got 4 boxes of dimes, parked at dump bank and went through them.....next bank, 1k in dimes - park at different dump bank and repeat....

Very disappointing day overall when I went through so many boxes. Total was $2500 and netted 3 total silver. The bright point was a 1962 Proof that is incredible to look at! Today I went through $1750 and got 5 silver, so a much better day. Got 1k more right before banks closed, so hoping to find more tonight. My fingers are getting sore opening all those wrappers!!
 
Upvote 0
Don't know how you can do so many dimes at one time, but finding the silver is what
counts. Good luck on your next ones.
rileyboy
 
ya, nice score non the less, because any silver is great this day and age!!! keep it up and hh!
 
Get to tool to pry open the wrappers.. that is if you want the wrappers to be intact. I use the pointed end of a compass shaft to do open them. When I did this long time ago, I always got dirty and sore fingers from opening them. I hated it but now I just wear gloves and pry them open with a tool and push the coins out. It's a lot easier now.
 
Customer wrapped rolls are where it's at. That's the only way you can score big. It won't happen frequently but sooner or later you will score SOLID SILVER. That has been my experience in nearly three years of searching dimes.

OWS
 
obsessedwithsilver said:
Customer wrapped rolls are where it's at. That's the only way you can score big. It won't happen frequently but sooner or later you will score SOLID SILVER. That has been my experience in nearly three years of searching dimes.

OWS
You are right OWS, that's why I quit boxes. My averages between boxes and customer rolled are the same, but a chance for solid rolls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom