SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have realized from hunting pennies that if you just buy a couple rolls you dont find anything but when you get a box you find things! I don't want to get a whole box of dimes but i was wondering if I picked up $75 in dimes would the same thing happen like what happened with the cents? I know it's all luck but still, your thoughts count! I like getting boxes lol.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that the overall average is near 1 silver dime found per box searched. So buying 30% of a box certainly doesn't put the odds in your favor.

I'm guessing that the overall average is near 1 silver dime found per box searched. So buying 30% of a box certainly doesn't put the odds in your favor.

Alright thanks! Il stick with pennies

Try the dimes. Flip that $75 a few times and you got a box worth searched. Plus buying only $75 your more likely to get cwr and those could be loaded. HH! Jonathan

Try the dimes. Flip that $75 a few times and you got a box worth searched. Plus buying only $75 your more likely to get cwr and those could be loaded. HH! Jonathan

Haha thanks I may try! I tried only 1 roll once. I went through a jar of money an found a 1964 so that hooked me on dimes awhile ago. Probably 2 years ago.

image-3042002273.jpg

The key to dimes is searching volume, not so much about luck. After 5 years of steady searching, my average is about 1 silver per $150, which is the same whether I hit the cwr or boxes.

The key to dimes is searching volume, not so much about luck. After 5 years of steady searching, my average is about 1 silver per $150, which is the same whether I hit the cwr or boxes.

Ok thank you!

my results are 42 silvers in 55 boxes. last box had 2 Canadian steel, a 53 rosie and a 36 merc. did 3 boxes on 7/26 that had 16 Canada steels, a 68 Canada 50% and a 49 and 54 rosie.

my results are 42 silvers in 55 boxes. last box had 2 Canadian steel, a 53 rosie and a 36 merc. did 3 boxes on 7/26 that had 16 Canada steels, a 68 Canada 50% and a 49 and 54 rosie.

Wow nice!

Its all luck man...I went and got 50 bucks worth once, ended up finding 2 of them...then when i went to dump them..found one in the return tray from whoever was before me...Its all Chance!

Its all luck man...I went and got 50 bucks worth once, ended up finding 2 of them...then when i went to dump them..found one in the return tray from whoever was before me...Its all Chance!

Lol yep!

The more you search the more youll find

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back