What's new

Dimes produced silver, proofs

mrbelvetron

Full Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Picked up $75 in handrolled dimes and a dime box yesterday, along with a nickel and penny box.

Did the dimes last night before bed and got....

1 rosy 1964-D from the handrolls and the box yielded...

1 1988-S proof
1 1972-S proof
and a sneaky 1973 Canadian who's edge made me think silver >:( Dang Canucks!!!! ;D

Those are my first proof dimes found and they were in pretty nice shape with nice fields and decent cameo.
Will do the nicks and cents tonight.
 
Upvote 0
Sweet, I have only found 1 dime proof in probably 100 dime boxes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
TreasureFiend said:
Sweet, I have only found 1 dime proof in probably 100 dime boxes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hunted for about two years before I found my first proof half. I figured it would be even longer before I got a dime or other denomination, especially since I usually do only halves.

I average one silver dime per box, but the proofs were nice surprise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom