Ding-Ding-Ding....................Jack pot again!!!!

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I didn't do as much searching as I wanted to this week, just too busy with work. So today I was pretty much done working around noon, so I figured I would give the banks a run. I bought $50 in nickels, $100 in dimes, and the only 3 rolls of halves they had. Walked across the street after putting those rolls in the truck, and bought the same amount of dimes & nickels ( they had no halves) then I drove a few blocks down to another bank (credit union) and bought another $20 in nickels, $100 in dimes, and $100 in halves. Here is the take for the day....

1 full roll of mercury dimes!!! (I think I may have momentarily passed out!) Mostly 1940's with a few late 30's
13 Silver roosevelt's
2 Dateless Buffalos
1 1955 Franklin half (its about time!)
13 40& Kennedy's
1 1967 Canadian nickel (the one with the running rabbit on the back)

I plan on doing the same run tomorrow, and I will try to get up to those same banks Monday or tuesday to see if there is anymore full rolls of anything.

Paul

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW MAN! Congrats on those mercs! I bought a roll about a month ago for $22 and I was excited to get it so cheap!

Beautiful job today.... now go check out my post... I finally got results from halves ;)

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I've been greedy...I need to get back to checking some dimes! It's just that those silver halves are sooooo sweet! Can't imagine finding a whole roll of Mercs! HH

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
My eyeballs would have rolled back in my head too if I'd have found an entire roll of merc's. WTG!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh......what.....?

I think I momentarily passed out just reading your post Paul. That's flat-out astounding! The funny thing is, I'll bet people who drop off rolls of Merc's think they're pulling a fast one on the bank. Maybe they think Merc's aren't valid coinage anymore. Who knows...

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
[quote author The funny thing is, I'll bet people who drop off rolls of Merc's think they're pulling a fast one on the bank. Maybe they think Merc's aren't valid coinage anymore. Who knows... [/quote]

My wife had a store refuse three old ten's she had, saying they were counterfit! :P When she asked me about them, no, ...they are real, just real old! 1920's. Sheesh, I've been collecting this stuff twenty years before we met and some people are still clueless.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Paul in Wa said:
I didn't do as much searching as I wanted to this week, just too busy with work. So today I was pretty much done working around noon, so I figured I would give the banks a run. I bought $50 in nickels, $100 in dimes, and the only 3 rolls of halves they had. Walked across the street after putting those rolls in the truck, and bought the same amount of dimes & nickels ( they had no halves) then I drove a few blocks down to another bank (credit union) and bought another $20 in nickels, $100 in dimes, and $100 in halves. Here is the take for the day....

1 full roll of mercury dimes!!! (I think I may have momentarily passed out!) Mostly 1940's with a few late 30's
13 Silver roosevelt's
2 Dateless Buffalos
1 1955 Franklin half (its about time!)
13 40& Kennedy's
1 1967 Canadian nickel (the one with the running rabbit on the back)

I plan on doing the same run tomorrow, and I will try to get up to those same banks Monday or tuesday to see if there is anymore full rolls of anything.

Paul

Let's see some pics... :laughing7:

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's something fishy here with a newbie bringing up a 5+ year old thread.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
The line-up of old posters was a dead give away.

Old CHR'ers never die, they just slip off to the end of the forum.

Keep on Rollin' !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread