What's new

Dinosaur egg???

camdelcie1

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tx
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends,
I need your help to identify this stone. A friend was given this stone as a gift. He was told the stone was a dinosaur egg (I do know what happened to the other half). I suggested posting the pictures and ask this forum for help. Thanks in advance and a have a great day.
 

Attachments

  • 1476044031644-1207546033.webp
    1476044031644-1207546033.webp
    424.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 14760441059852136401105.webp
    14760441059852136401105.webp
    377.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 14760441316321952339204.webp
    14760441316321952339204.webp
    394 KB · Views: 85
  • 1476044167949988384305.webp
    1476044167949988384305.webp
    291.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 1476044206216-1622203995.webp
    1476044206216-1622203995.webp
    459.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I truly don't know buddy... but I posted something similar awhile back and was told or lead to believe it wasn't.
 

Attachments

  • Egg 4.webp
    Egg 4.webp
    386.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Egg 3.webp
    Egg 3.webp
    318.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Egg 5.webp
    Egg 5.webp
    346.2 KB · Views: 92
There is a fossil forum on T' Net further south from here. Dinosaur eggs are posted there.
 
It looks kind of like a Thunder Egg core....Oregon's state rock. JMHO
 
I don't believe it's an egg of any sort. However, the flat side of this piece has many similarities to what one would see if they had cut a small burl off of a tree, then let it weather for several years. :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom