What's new

dirty bottles

ldrigg71

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
does anyone know of a safe way to wash dirt off old soda bottles without messing up the paint? To be more specific, 40 yo pepsi bottles?
 
If they are not dug Just soap and water with bottle brush. If dug make sure they are real dry and even then the paint may come off.You have to be realy careful with dug bottles
 
They were laying in decaying leaves in a trash pile on family land. i am not a pepsi fan but the bottles were more than likely emptied by my father who was a pepsiholic.I am a Coke fan myself but I grabbed these because my father died in '77 when i was 6 yo. They have been in the house a few days now.
 
I leave them indoors for a week or more, then I run slightly warm water over the bottle and very gently dab the painted areas with a wet towel and some dishwashing liquid, use a scratch pad on unpainted areas for stains. You may still lose paint, but this is the best method. I'm a coke man as well, but won't pass up any ACL bottles in good shape. Good luck!!
 

Attachments

  • acl\'s.webp
    acl\'s.webp
    17 KB · Views: 309

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom