pinenut
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2016
- Messages
- 1,026
- Reaction score
- 1,368
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- where bigfoot roams
- Detector(s) used
- Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Would be even better, made from good plastic (Delrin, Nylon, etc.). A 3D printer would be awesome... Need to check those out!Very nifty, and I'm sure will be useful. If only I had a 3D printer...
I didn't know you had to change the DISC. that often.
Marvin
I understand now and it makes sense-----------------just didn't understand when I first read it. The knob is cool.Maybe you don't... I hunt in lots of trash. When I get a good sounding target at a disc setting below nickel, I can thumb the disc up & down to see if it's still sounding solid, or where it's breaking up. Gives me an idea if if it's a nickel, pull tab, zinc or better. Not always accurate, but I find it helpful. Of course, I could just set disc at zinc and dig whatever x's small but has a solid beep. Where's the fun in that? ^_^
I'm going to make a lighter, lever-arm type to try out. Got to thinking that this knob I made, though seemingly quite functional, gets in the way of the knob above too much, weighs more than it should, and would be better non-metallic. What the heck; keeps me busy on days I don't go detecting. ^_^
One advantage of having an all metal switch versus the AM/disc knob is the capability to hunt in all metal and toggle to a preset disc quickly to see whether the target is above the disc setting. Even better on detectors with 2 disc settings like the Tejon.
luvsdux