What's new

Discrimination???

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.

I was informed this afternoon that one of my pick up banks would no longer order me halves. :dontknow: This was my best bank. Seems there is a "new" manager. After I spoke with the teller, who was very, very nice, I decided I wanted to talk to the new manager--who was out at the time of my phone call. I did speak with the person who had ordered my halves and she said the following: Mrs. Apush, the two boxes of coins each week do not cost use a cent to order. I always place your order and it is no problem whatsoever. Now that we have the new "manager," she wants to charge you. The teller told me she would continue to order the halves--thats what she told the new manager. The new manager got mad at the teller and she said she would now take over "coin ordering." Like I really matter in the scheme of things that much!!! Keep in mind I live in a small town where most everyone knows everyone. 1/2 if the kids that work at this bank I have taught and they respect me par none. They are a bit worried about the outcome if I pursue the issue.

I do have an account at this bank and I order halves at two other branchs and they do not charge me.

So, here is where I am going with this. Beside the fact I am really miffed, I am thinking about getting a lawyer on the grounds that I am being discriminated against in terms of my age or ethnicity (Anglo-American) as most of the tellers and the "new" bank manager is Hispanic. I can go to UCLA or any of the other really liberal institutions and bet they will represent me since this is a case (in my lone opinion) of reverse discrimination.

Thoughts?

apush (who is really, really ticked off) :read2:
 
Upvote 0
No offense Apush, but I doubt anyone would want to take on a case of a person denied boxes of halves for CRHing. It probably isn't race discrimination but CRHer discrimination. If you see Hispanic customers walking out with boxes of halves while they deny them to you, then maybe you could prove your case.

Best to find a different bank that is CRHer friendly.

Jim
 
Sounds like a load horse %$&* to me. I think the manager's trying to skim off some some excess cream... I'd challenge them. If it looks and sounds like a duck, it's a duck -and this duck is a rude insult.
 
If I were to pursue and win this suit, just imagine what it could do. There are more than one Supreme Court case that sided with reverse discrimination. Geez, that would be something else. If this new manager does not back down, I will go the full load.

Just watch this ol' gal from the South. We do believe in individual rights.

apush :) (just because I can)
 
Sounds to me like she is throwing what she THINKS is her Authority around. I would go up the chain of command and complain about her actions towards you. :wink:
 
I'd fight it too, good for you! Halves are legal currency, right? Therefore you can't be told NO when asking for them.
Best of luck!
 
I would let it go personally if you have another supply bank. Push to hard up the ladder and you may find its a new "policy" to order and dump. I know your mad, its happened to me before, but don't shoot yourself in the foot so to speak if you can avoid it. If you still have supply and dumping privlidges else ware wait untill you have no other choice. OR try and see if you can dump at that bank for free instead of order. Might be a possibility. Chances are a jerk manager won't be there 6 months from now and you can always order again.
 
To the poster above me. Yes they are legal tender for "all debts private and public". There is no law saying they have to supply you with the currency of your choice. If you were paying a loan to that bank then yes they would have to take it. They do not have to order you specific currency with out charge.
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
Sounds to me like she is throwing what she THINKS is her Authority around. I would go up the chain of command and complain about her actions towards you. :wink:

This is exactly what you should do. A lawsuit is a battle that you don't want to fight. If the other branches are ordering for you, then milk that cow. If the branches are located in the same region (sounds like they are), they are supplied by the same service. The supply is pulled from the same stack. Any coincidences of one branch yielding better results is just that, a coincidence. I would still pursue it with their superiors as unchecked authority is an affront to us all.
 
I think it's wrong for banks to "all the sudden" have new fees. If you ask to see it on paper I bet they will have nothing to show you. Whether it's reverse discrimination, or CRH discrimination, it's still wrong. I say do what you feel is right. If it comes down to filing a suit against that bank then I would do it. I haven't faced anything like this yet, but when I do it will be trouble for whatever bank decides to try it.
 
Always pick your places and time to retaliate! If you have two other branches of the same bank that will supply you with halves (most likely from the same source) that may be the best way to keeping you CRH moving.

Remember banks have attorneys on payroll and retainer for legal cases. They can pay to play longer than you can. The other consideration would be to prove you damages which would have to be lost silver(40%/90%) or fees that no one else was paying. I would think damages would be minimal unless you use dream boxes as a basis for your damages.

Historically there has been no reverse discrimination against Anglo Americans.
 
A bank that is a private company does NOT have to order you halves if they don't want to. Bottom line. They can set fees as they wish.

This issue gets brought up here every now and then and some people propose various ways to fight it. Yes you can go to the supervisor and maybe they will see it your way and order for you. Good luck if you go that route.

But you don't have a right to get halves from any particular bank if they don't want to play ball with you.

The bank's refusal to order coins for you might be morally, ethically and in every other way wrong, but it is what it is.

Instead of creating a huge fuss and possibly making things worse for CRHers in general in your area why not simply find another bank?

I don't really CRH anymore so I don't care one way or the other. But people who think they have a "right" to get coins or that the bank has a "duty" to give them rolls of coins are in dreamland.

Jim
 
Apush , Discrimination - not likely , sounds like a case of someone who has no real authority ,
and no "gravitas" , trying to throw their weight around . Your options as I see them are : go
ape *&^% , go "old testament " on their a$$ , Open 50 gallon can of whup a$$ on em , or
go quietly to this half wit's superior -(up the chain of command ) and break it all down to him/
or her . Go get it ! Argentium.
 
I have been bounced by more than one bank and new manager. I'm always working new source banks just for this problem. One problem with raising the issue up the ladder is they could decide you are not worth the effort and make a system wide decision that is not in your favor. Sounds like you are in a unique situation being a former teacher to half the employees. I'd wait a day to you cool off then call the head office and inquire about the way you were treated and if this is acceptable customer service.

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
One problem with raising the issue up the ladder is they could decide you are not worth the effort and make a system wide decision that is not in your favor.
Maine_Jim

This is exactly what I mean. And as another poster here said, pick your battles wisely.

You might wind up with zero boxes from that bank, instead of just losing from a particular branch.

Jim
 
I appreciate everyone's imput, but here is the score for me. For several months I have been ordering only 1 or 2 boxes of halves per week from this branch. Now, we have a "new" branch manager who thinks she can "rule the roost" so to speak. Good for her.

I, on the otherhand, rule the roost, too. It is my money $$$, and I will be at that bank when it opens in the morning to speak with this new "manager" and let her know what I think.

If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. Nevertheless, I will feel better anyway. I will get my two cents in regardless.

apush (warrior woman for coin rollers) :icon_sunny:
Dang, I am mad!!!
 
Guys,
I fully understand the concept of capitalism and the free enterprise system. What stresses me, however, is the abuse of power. My 2 other branches do not charge, but low and behold, we have a "new manager" that now think she should. Why me? I do not know. Is it because I am an Anglo-American or old as heck?

Get me going, and yes, I am in a fight. Rare for me, as I like to think of myself as a lady, but get my ire' up, stand back. Will let you know the outcome.

apush :read2:
 
Good luck to what choice you make. I hoe it all goes well.
 
ACLU defending an Anglo-Saxon? I like your moxy apush. I don't think you will get anywhere but I like your moxy. :headbang: :hello:
 
apush said:
Hi all.

I was informed this afternoon that one of my pick up banks would no longer order me halves. :dontknow: This was my best bank. Seems there is a "new" manager. After I spoke with the teller, who was very, very nice, I decided I wanted to talk to the new manager--who was out at the time of my phone call. I did speak with the person who had ordered my halves and she said the following: Mrs. Apush, the two boxes of coins each week do not cost use a cent to order. I always place your order and it is no problem whatsoever. Now that we have the new "manager," she wants to charge you. The teller told me she would continue to order the halves--thats what she told the new manager. The new manager got mad at the teller and she said she would now take over "coin ordering." Like I really matter in the scheme of things that much!!! Keep in mind I live in a small town where most everyone knows everyone. 1/2 if the kids that work at this bank I have taught and they respect me par none. They are a bit worried about the outcome if I pursue the issue.

I do have an account at this bank and I order halves at two other branchs and they do not charge me.

So, here is where I am going with this. Beside the fact I am really miffed, I am thinking about getting a lawyer on the grounds that I am being discriminated against in terms of my age or ethnicity (Anglo-American) as most of the tellers and the "new" bank manager is Hispanic. I can go to UCLA or any of the other really liberal institutions and bet they will represent me since this is a case (in my lone opinion) of reverse discrimination.

Thoughts?

apush (who is really, really ticked off) :read2:

You don't have a discrimination case, from what you have described. In the time that it would take to complain to this new manager you can easily pick up another bank that will order your halves. The new bank could turn out to be a dream box producer. You just never know.
Save the fighting spirit for something really important :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom