What's new

Discrimination???

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.

I was informed this afternoon that one of my pick up banks would no longer order me halves. :dontknow: This was my best bank. Seems there is a "new" manager. After I spoke with the teller, who was very, very nice, I decided I wanted to talk to the new manager--who was out at the time of my phone call. I did speak with the person who had ordered my halves and she said the following: Mrs. Apush, the two boxes of coins each week do not cost use a cent to order. I always place your order and it is no problem whatsoever. Now that we have the new "manager," she wants to charge you. The teller told me she would continue to order the halves--thats what she told the new manager. The new manager got mad at the teller and she said she would now take over "coin ordering." Like I really matter in the scheme of things that much!!! Keep in mind I live in a small town where most everyone knows everyone. 1/2 if the kids that work at this bank I have taught and they respect me par none. They are a bit worried about the outcome if I pursue the issue.

I do have an account at this bank and I order halves at two other branchs and they do not charge me.

So, here is where I am going with this. Beside the fact I am really miffed, I am thinking about getting a lawyer on the grounds that I am being discriminated against in terms of my age or ethnicity (Anglo-American) as most of the tellers and the "new" bank manager is Hispanic. I can go to UCLA or any of the other really liberal institutions and bet they will represent me since this is a case (in my lone opinion) of reverse discrimination.

Thoughts?

apush (who is really, really ticked off) :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I know I am on a roll. Just angry, but I will get over it. Probably won't push the issue. But, those who know history and how history does indeed change over time, knows that I might have a slight chance. Again, I know deep in my heart that I am just venting . . . where else can I vent where I know folks that know where I am coming from? At least here, I can get a tad of understanding. But dang ol' mighty, that teller pushed this ol's gal's buttons. :laughing7: Okay, I am done.

apush :read2:
 
I think that's a wise decision, apush. Don't think it's a case of discrimination, but more like a case of "let's charge the customers for special time and service". Guess it's just a business matter. The old manager probably wasn't making much money for the bank and the new manager feels she has something to prove. Just a guess. Good luck.
 
Yes, by all means file a suit. Its the American way after all! This will send a message LOUD AND CLEAR to all financial institutions everywhere. Unfortunately, that message is that ordering boxes of coins for CRHers can lead to legal hassles and should be avoided entirely. You might single-handedly end CRHing for everyone or at least for those in your area.

Nothing in your post even resembles discrimination. I know you know this as you are obviously an intelligent woman. To file a discrimination suit over this would do nothing but belittle all the real discrimination suits out there.

In my opinion, you should indeed talk to the new manager. Let her know that you know that the bank ordering boxes of coin for you doesn't cost the bank any extra money and that if she refuses to continue the service that the old manager provided, that you will talk to her supervisor and/or take your money to another bank. Might work, might not.

What I would do is just take my business elsewhere. As others have stated, a bank is a privately owned business, not a retail store. They have the right to order or not to order boxes for you. They have the right to charge you for those boxes if they wish even if those boxes don't cost them anything extra. You have the right to take your business elsewhere for any or no reason whatsoever.

Just my opinion.
 
It's a shame you live in such a small area.
Your case is not unique. The name of the game is "move on" to the next bank.
All branch managers and tellers are different and the idea is to cultivate a long term relationship.
Try opening an acct. at a new bank and bring a request in writing that you will be able to order and dump unlimited coin.
Make sure they enter the verbiage in the teller notes on the computer and should they agree to your terms, deposit a sum of $1K+.
Keep them happy with small tokens of appreciation from time to time. Also ask for any customer service feedback forms and make sure you fill them out with positive comments.
You know the old saying about honey catching more bees...
Good luck!
 
Apush-- Be the "lady" here. Sit down with her and smile and speak politely and ask what the fees will be. Chances are this "new manager" was brought in to make the bank more profitable. Doing things for free generates no new revenue and a new manager has to find a way to do so. So burning a bridge and a bank because she relieved her bladder in your wheaties will get you nowhere. The release of a few smartarse comments always feels good at the moment but it gains you no new silver coins whatsoever.

Think of it as a challenge. You are trying to help save some old lost silver coins from circulation for face value and she is trying to earn the bank new profits to explain why she was the right choice for this position. Do what it takes to keep your hobby going and in the mean time you can still have dreams of her kicking her in the teeth while smiling all the while. An old girlfriend of mine would make the greatest brownies on the planet at about 1200 calories per brownie. She would give them to a couple workmates she HAD to live with daily but after just a few short months their backend was about twice the size of hers. I absolutely loved how my girlfriend at the time did not have to show her A$$ but at the same time managed to double the size of her nuisances, and they never new what hit them.
 
JD-GA said:
Think of it as a challenge. You are trying to help save some old lost silver coins from circulation for face value and she is trying to earn the bank new profits to explain why she was the right choice for this position. Do what it takes to keep your hobby going and in the mean time you can still have dreams of her kicking her in the teeth while smiling all the while. An old girlfriend of mine would make the greatest brownies on the planet at about 1200 calories per brownie. She would give them to a couple workmates she HAD to live with daily but after just a few short months their backend was about twice the size of hers. I absolutely loved how my girlfriend at the time did not have to show her A$$ but at the same time managed to double the size of her nuisances, and they never new what hit them.

That my friend is simply awsome. I am going to swing by the store on the way home and pick up some brownie mix.
 
Banks do not make money simply by us having accounts with them, by having an account you are a potential money maker for them cause you may borrow money from them. Only reason Banks needed accounts is old system of Banking rules said they had to have deposits- capital on hand of a particular amount- now that the International Banksters housed in the Fed Reserve (which is only a clever trademarked name), have been given TOTAL control of our monetary system this deposit requirement is openly being talked about as a Banking hindrance and is likely being ignored now anyway by the new regulators.

It is clear Banks are in dire straits and it will get worse- despite all the positive talk by Gov collapse is on the horizon; banks will have to start charging for everything as they are NOT making money on loans- the big ones have for long time made their money on currency swaps and derivatives which is a fancy way of clouding what they are actually doing- bundling and selling their loans, ... . We are gonna see eventually fees just to have an account with say less than %1k, B of A has one now with minimum 750 fee if you go under.
 
apush -
Hope it works out and you can swing the new manager your way. If not, congratulations on finding your new dump bank!
 
There is no reverse discrimination just discrimination. On the note of discrimination - if you can find some peeps from that bank who dont get charged for coins your case would be better.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom