Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spectacular saves on the beautiful glass. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: DJV

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is a nice keeper !! Congrats!! Those dives would have made me happy too.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the recoveries
Truly beautiful glass. Well those jugs are on the top shelf in recoveries as well.
Congrats on the 2022 season-best of luck for the 2023 season.

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is a nice keeper !! Congrats!! Those dives would have made me happy too.
Thanks B2'd! You know, I'll always regret not taking some time to run down to Key West & hop on a Fisher boat to hunt for some gold; they called up to my Dive School in Jensen Beach ( I graduated in 1980 ) just prior to graduation & offered what was a pretty paltry deal to come down & work. I just couldn't afford it -too much fun & school expense! Going down to the Keys in a week - maybe I'll snorkel around & find me a nice gold escuado!

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the recoveries
Truly beautiful glass. Well those jugs are on the top shelf in recoveries as well.
Congrats on the 2022 season-best of luck for the 2023 season.
Thanks PepperJ! I confess to being obsessively addicted to diving for treasure!

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! :tongue3: I have never been diving before, but I am awed by the recoveries others make. Thanks for posting.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been walking the beach for 60 plus years.... Bottles and floats from Japan used to be common... these days? plastic garbage....

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! 'Never dove for bottles but it sounds like a thrill, think I might start with a snorkel and goggles this year.

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! 'Never dove for bottles but it sounds like a thrill, think I might start with a snorkel and goggles this year.
Hey, that's great - give it a go!

Some of my best finds have been in shallow water ( <5' ); a few words of advice:

> If you meant by "goggles" - "swimming goggles", I'd advise against that ( air pressure inside those goggles will increase as you descend and you have no way to equalize the pressure, resulting in the goggles being forced into your eye sockets ); rather, buy a good quality, proper-fitting dive mask from a dive retailer - they can help you find a good fit

> If you plan to snorkel to depth ( especially in poor visibility ) be very wary of fishing line, fallen trees & other sources of entrapment - one breath of air will not last very long if you get hung-up by something

> If you're new to snorkelling, don't do it alone and stay frosty for signs of boats - pulling a dive flag with you will help surface craft spot you, otherwise, you can be hard to see, especially in choppy water.

Enjoy & search safe!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that's great - give it a go!

Some of my best finds have been in shallow water ( <5' ); a few words of advice:

> If you meant by "goggles" - "swimming goggles", I'd advise against that ( air pressure inside those goggles will increase as you descend and you have no way to equalize the pressure, resulting in the goggles being forced into your eye sockets ); rather, buy a good quality, proper-fitting dive mask from a dive retailer - they can help you find a good fit

> If you plan to snorkel to depth ( especially in poor visibility ) be very wary of fishing line, fallen trees & other sources of entrapment - one breath of air will not last very long if you get hung-up by something

> If you're new to snorkelling, don't do it alone and stay frosty for signs of boats - pulling a dive flag with you will help surface craft spot you, otherwise, you can be hard to see, especially in choppy water.

Enjoy & search safe!

All great advice, thanks DJV! Yes, safety first, absolutely. I hadn't planned on going any deeper than my shoulders, especially if the water was moving, if it were a river the water speed would have to be manageable. I might try deeper on a calm pond or lake, keeping my limits in mind of course, and I'd definitely look into whether there were any irrigation pumps, underwater culverts, etc. before taking the plunge. As a diver I guess you've probably heard of "delta p", reading about that was enough to convince me not to take any shortcuts, scary stuff.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful bottle finds! Congratulations! thanks for posting.

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All great advice, thanks DJV! Yes, safety first, absolutely. I hadn't planned on going any deeper than my shoulders, especially if the water was moving, if it were a river the water speed would have to be manageable. I might try deeper on a calm pond or lake, keeping my limits in mind of course, and I'd definitely look into whether there were any irrigation pumps, underwater culverts, etc. before taking the plunge. As a diver I guess you've probably heard of "delta p", reading about that was enough to convince me not to take any shortcuts, scary stuff.
Yes indeed, I've been diving almost 50 years now, with 10 of those years as a commercial oilfield / marine construction diver and yes, Delta P is truly a deadly hazard. Don't forget municipal water supply intakes, low-head dams and...beavers! A buddy of mine got beat up by a mama beaver when he happened by her lair ( he's never quite got over that! ).

Can't wait to see your finds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread