Dived some cannons near To San Salvador......

I sent him that photo in the 90's .......1890's both him and me are Old, he just got to the name first, made me very SAD..s

Would I keep anything from the forum?

SADS 669, Sorry, I just got carried away when I saw those pictures you sent me. I admit. I'm a wanker, I forgot about those laws over there. I see that you were in the Green on St. Patty's day. As soon as I get done these radiation treatments. I plan on diving with you and BVI.

Attachments

• Lot_of_rough_emeralds.jpg_220x220.jpg
    Lot_of_rough_emeralds.jpg_220x220.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 232
Don't worry, Old Man. I am in touch with the Antiquities guy here who collected the said sewer fin off a flight to Nassau this morning, so it's safe in the System......yes, you are a Tosser ( kind word for wanker) but not because of the Photo ha ha.....you and BVI could be twins.......

Last edited:
Frank, pretty sure it's one maybe two wrecks, the cannons could be the bow or stern chasers, they are close enough and may have been put on cos they were smaller and being older is possibly coincidence. The sandy area Old Man directed me too had a few bit's of pottery that I fanned but nothing concrete.

Yes the pipes were considerably bigger than the first so it's probably no older than about 1700.....

SADS, I tried to PM you but your inbox must be full or something...

I know you haven't had time for conservation and actual dates are still up in the air, but remember the Spanish did not start using the screw press until 1732....

Last edited:
SADS, I tried to PM you but your inbox must be full or something...

I know you haven't had time for conservation and actual dates are still up in the air, but remember the Spanish did not start using the screw press until 1732....

Every time I see your name, the song "jolly mon sing" goes through my head!

JM, inbox is always empty, send it to BVISUX.COM

Last edited:
JM, inbox is always empty, send it to BVISUX.COM

OK, Kevin, I sent the contact information for the barrister to your AOL account before you edited your last post with that foul domain name. LOL.

P.S. I wouldn't worry about the weights too much. They are almost always underweight after long immersion in salt water.

Thanks JM, we are progressing slowly, I am going out again on Monday for a couple of days now the weather is co operating. I'll post some video if there is anything worth sharing.....

Just got back from Crooked island where there are 7 cannons all piled on top of each other, a buddy found a sabre hilt and pistol there years ago. Video to follow after my next trip there.....

Man, I go away for a few weeks for some work and I come back to seeing and hearing some interesting things going on here! Lets get more details here mate! Looks like you have been BUSY!

Going out this morning for a couple of days......on site, I'll post when I get back, looks very promising. Come on over, keep on under the same schedule as BVI......go dead ship when the good stuff has been discovered.....

Last edited:
JR,
I am primarily a Treasure_Hunter, not a Salvor, 6 guys have gone to jail here over the years and I don't plan to be number 7. I am just interested in finding all the wrecks I can and let the Archie's sort out everything else......
Since My separation with the military I've been a Lone wolf Id love to live for what you do. Underwater is home to me it's a place I feel comfort safe and no thoughts other the. Good ones. I love to locate things I love history if you ever need a co diver or someone to tag along im in

JR,
I am primarily a Treasure_Hunter, not a Salvor, 6 guys have gone to jail here over the years and I don't plan to be number 7. I am just interested in finding all the wrecks I can and let the Archie's sort out everything else......

If I take all the video I plan to shoot up to Nassau on the 2nd of April I can then let the Archie's sort it out from there.

I found a sailboat recently so that's all the treasure money I need this year.....I am going to make two more trips before then to try to ID the wreck.

Awesome all I need now is a boat or an invite and I'll leave north florida in my taillights. I wish I could go with divers who know what they are doing

JR,

Mack, thanks for the heads up. I am hoping to find some more items to indicate age, I found some old medicine bottle shards of glass that my buddy reckons are about 1700 photo below, the pintal dot apparently indicates it's a blown bottle from that age, any ideas??

View attachment 1131197

Appears late 1700s to me by the glass work and color. You've really done what I dream of. History is fascinating Money not so much

Sads669, when you head out to your site again. Send me an email and me know how many boats and divers from shore are looking for that wreck near the lighthouse?
I hope I had the pirates down there looking in the wrong spot by posting that picture of a cleaned silver bar. ( which would not be conserved if you had just found it. Actually the bar was found in Florida and not the Bahamas. The green stones were not found in the Bahamas either.)

I hope your spot is still unfounded by the pirates.
Keep us posted.

Old man, I am out here now.......this TN App I can get on my cell is great, I didn't go too far over to the site you mentioned but I did see one shady looking cruising boat in the distance over that way so maybe your right.

I found a bunch more cannons today, no valuables though, they look reasonably recent, certainly 1700 or so......., I'll post the video when I get back,......

Got the info from a lobster guy...

Last edited:

Latest video from the site near San Salvador, hoping to narrow down the wreck date. Going out next week to try to ID the wreck more......

Looks a lot more pleasant than Yorkshire! And lookin' good. You will need details of the trunnion faces and the cascables. We're looking later than 1650+ at the moment (possibly quite a lot +; as much as 1780!)

Keep in touch.

Thanks SB, your the best! i'll be in York 16and17th May, fancy a pint? Your buying! Ha ha.....

Going out tomorrow, hope to post something Wednesday......

was hoping you found a scuttled ship from Black Bart Reynolds time, shoot... You sure got all the luck though- like old Black Bart! I,ll be waiting for more in a couple days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back