Dived some cannons near To San Salvador......

Hey Kevin I'm going to be in the Bahamas next week. Can you take me diving on the cannon so I can take some pictures? I am an ordinance I.D. expert.

-Dan

see post #55 - I think he is on the high seas and you missed the boat!

Awesome find, SADS. Hope you strike gold!

Old Man, You Were Right On The Money. I Dived Where You Said And There They Were As You Can See From the Video. I Did Get Carried Away Though Filming The Cannons Over Other Kinds Of Underwater Tasks. I Am Going Again Next Week To Have A Look At The Sandy Areas Old Man Mentioned Further To The West, Down Wind For The 1715 Hurricane.

If You Look Closely You Can See The Huge Anchor To The Right Of The Screen About half Way Through.....

Last edited:
nice!!

you need a red filter for that Box Brownie!!!!

did you manage to get a coil over anything?

sweet find!

Forgot it was the Old Mans lead and was shallower than I planned for. I have a rule on the boat "never" open the camera. So blame the Old Man for a bum steer at 20 feet instead of 30 to 40 which I thought it would be......

Oh, and typical of you to moan.......don't you like sewer pipes then? I thought they were your "Speciality" to Beeping "Coin" a phrase

Nothing with the MD yet, apart from the usual suspects....

Last edited:
filter or not, its looking promising!!

have you checked old maps / records?

I see the coral is high / thick is some places but one cannon seems to be in sand.

Could Older / Other Kind Of Underwater Topography pinpoint a better area?

Great Idea, I take your point!, I'll get into that later, I have one or maybe two more trips before I am off to Nassau during the 1st week of April with all the video to see if the Archie's are interested and will hit the Archives then......

Last edited:
I'm sure on the 2nd you'll be smiling! :occasion14:

Good luck with the Archies... don't expect them to buy a round though!

Congrats Kevin on both of the finds! Thanks for sharing the cannon err I mean sewer pipe finds and the anchor find with us. Awesome film footage no matter if the color scheme was off. You must be ecstatic of both finds and that Old Man would give you the info on the second one and if I am correct in reading what you wrote, a possible third wreck that you have yet to check out! Correct me if I am wrong but the sewer pipes in the second video appear to be much bigger than the one's in the first video!!?? If so, then the floating waste treatment plant that they came from, must have been outfitted to take on a lot of sh&t!:dontknow::laughing7:

Frank

Last edited:
Frank, pretty sure it's one maybe two wrecks, the cannons could be the bow or stern chasers, they are close enough and may have been put on cos they were smaller and being older is possibly coincidence. The sandy area Old Man directed me too had a few bit's of pottery that I fanned but nothing concrete.

Yes the pipes were considerably bigger than the first so it's probably no older than about 1700.....

Last edited:
Frank, pretty sure it's one maybe two wrecks, the cannons could be the bow or stern chasers, they are close enough and may have been put on cos they were smaller and being older is possibly coincidence. The sandy area Old Man directed me too had a few bit's of pottery that I fanned but nothing concrete.

Yes the pipes were considerably bigger than the first so it's probably no older than about 1700.....
sads 669, Nice video. It looks like you had one heck of an adventure. Wish I was there with you, but I want to thank you for the below picture that you emailed me. I hope you find many more.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 147
Oh deep joy, now you have shown that photo my inbox is going to melt ( pun intended) Why don't you Come on over, keep our underwater treasure location close to your chest though! you know what the lurkers are up to.

Last edited:
sads 669, Nice video. It looks like you had one heck of an adventure. Wish I was there with you, but I want to thank you for the below picture that you emailed me. I hope you find many more.

Sads.... Been keeping a few things back from the forum eh?:thumbsup:

I assume that's LEAD.......:laughing7:

I sent him that photo in the 90's .......1890's both him and me are Old, he just got to the name first, made me very SAD..s

Would I keep anything from the forum?

Last edited:
RC, check with Frank, (he's full of it and would know), oops did I say that out loud?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back