What's new

Dmes producing again

Mercury63

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Picked up 2 boxes of dimes. The first on Saturday was great fun. My 2 nieces helped in their first CHR outing and we found 4 silver rosies. They found a silver dime on their first role. This afternoon another box of dimes yielded 2 more silver rosies and my first silver Canadian dime. 7 silvers for the week gets my silver dime total to 22 in 10 boxes for a 2.2 per box average. Only skunked once.

I have also been shooting for some loose half dollars. I tried 9 banks in two new neighborhoods. Several tellers did not even know what a half-dollar is. Unbelievable. I managed 4 from one bank, 4 from another, 32 from another, and 5 rolls from the last. The other five banks had zippo. I ended up with two 40% halves. Still dying for my first Walker.

HH

MERC63
 
Upvote 0
Way to go on the dimes! Amazing that tellers dont know coin. Ive heard of young folks at cash registers refusing to take them, but at the bank? Cmon, bank tellers 101 should show that. And keep on persting and youll find a walker or three. :)
 
Great job on the dimes!!! hope you get a few Walkers soon!!! :thumbsup:
 
maybe i ought to try some dimes. reminds me of the old mel brooks movie blazing saddles when slim pickens says " we gotta send someone back for a S#** pot load of dimes ;D ;D ;D
 
It's a funny thing about those dimes....they produce just as good today as they did when I was hunting them as a teen back in 1980, almost 30 years ago....wow I'm old.
 
Great hits on the dimes... Keep up the good work.

Jason

AMC rulz said:
It's a funny thing about those dimes....they produce just as good today as they did when I was hunting them as a teen back in 1980, almost 30 years ago....wow I'm old.

AMC your not getting old everyone is getting young around you. :icon_pirat:

Jason
 
Nice finds....I know the feeling.... Went through about six hundred dollars in loose dimes yesterday and found two silvers a '64 and a 62'. A little something to add to my collection !
 
I tried 9 banks in two new neighborhoods. Several tellers did not even know what a half-dollar is. Unbelievable.
it never cease to amaze me that these people work with money everyday and have no clue....how do you work at a job and not know more than the average Joe does? :icon_scratch:
 
You guys got me thinking I should be hitting dimes when I am catching my breathe from searching halves.

-Golden Silver
 
[Several tellers did not even know what a half-dollar is. Unbelievable.]

I've found that as well, they usually respond by saying "You mean the gold dollars?" Lot of tellers seem to be recent immigrants, though, at least in this area. No great surprise they've never seen any in circulation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom