What's new

Do any of you commonly find 1913 type 1 buffs

sir

Full Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
ive found so far around 10 buff and have had no repeats except for the one i just stated before. is that common? two of them even already had nic a date used on them by somebody else.
 
Upvote 0
I have seen several posts on this site where people have found them. I haven't yet though. I have found 16 buffalo nickels so far. Only five were legible (two of them I could only read about half of the last two numbers). Readable dates: 1923x2, 1929 and 1936x2.
 
I've found the one that I posted about today. My most common dated buffs are '37 and '36 no mint-mark. I've found several of each of those. I've also found a '34, '25, '17 all w/o mintmarks.. The rest are dateless, I think.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I actually have yet to find one buff that had a legible date, but ever since i got the nick a date there has not been nickel of which i could not determine the date after using. The nic a date is only 5 dollars and i belive it was well spent. the dates alway turn out to be from the teens.
 
I have considered getting some nic a date myself, but I always seem to forget about it when I go to the coins shop. I think that it would be fun to figure out the years on my worn buffalo nickels.
 
Earliest I have found is 1916, which needed nic-a-date. I think my most common date is 1936 of which I have found 3.
 
No coins from 1913 are commonly found. I have found both Philadelphia varieties but that's out of like 60 buffs or so from the last 10 years or so. And yes, nic-a-date is worth the cost, if at least to subdue your curiousity.
 
I've only found one buffalo nickel so far. Take a guess, what do you think it is?! You guessed it, a 1913-S Type One buffalo nickel! Talk about beginners luck!!!
 

Attachments

  • Buffalo Nickel OBVERSE.webp
    Buffalo Nickel OBVERSE.webp
    39 KB · Views: 200
  • Buffalo Nickel REVERSE.webp
    Buffalo Nickel REVERSE.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Buffalo Nickel OBVERSE.webp
    Buffalo Nickel OBVERSE.webp
    39 KB · Views: 198
  • Buffalo Nickel REVERSE.webp
    Buffalo Nickel REVERSE.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 198
I found a 1913-D Type 1 out of 14 buffs. I have some beginner's luck here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom