Do Brass Knuckles Count As "Four Rings?"

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, as you can see, the Albatross still hangs around the neck of ol' Subterranean. :BangHead:
ancient mariner.jpg

The Curse remains...no silver or gold jewelry in over a month! It's not for a lack of trying. I have been hitting the schools and parks heavily over the past 30 days, and come up with only bling and "pounds and pounds" of clad. I shall consider the effort fun and exercise only...

Case in point, yesterday, I detected two school yards. I found TWELVE RINGS, none of them silver or gold. I also found a pair of genuine brass knuckles, which if ya'all would indulge me, adds four more rings to the total count! :laughing7: I do love digging jewelry but am really missing seeing that .925 and 10k coming out of the ground...

I also dug a Canadian $2.00 bi-metal coin, some keys, a "Citizenship" medal and over $13.50 in clad yesterday. So, if any of my T-Netter friends know how to break the "Curse of the Crusty Clad and Can Slaw," please share your tips with old Subterranean. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all!

Attachments

• twelverings1.JPG
    twelverings1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 185
  • twelverings2.JPG
    twelverings2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 149
  • twelverings3.JPG
    twelverings3.JPG
    397.3 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 14

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought that you were the keeper of that secret. Congrats on pulling the clad and all that bling. :occasion14: Brass knuckles are a rare find. Use the universe's law of attraction to your favor, live a positive life and concentrate on what you want to find. The universe will give you what you seek.

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, the kid with the brass knuckles took all the silver and gold rings already :laughing7:

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, especially the brass knuckles. No, they are not 4 rings! :( However, research some older spots; the coins that pop out can be awesome.

aj

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They must sell those red and green rings in the bookstore. :)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, the kid with the brass knuckles took all the silver and gold rings already :laughing7:

Hilarious! I was a little disturbed to find the knucks at a nice little elementary school. They were in the lawn, in fact, all of yesterday's finds were in the lawn. The tot lots around the playground equipment had been cherry picked. The unscrupulous detectorist tried his hand at lawn digging, I could tell as he left :censored: aluminum cans under his plugs for me to throw away. No worries! I know the law of averages will kick in and return the silver and gold items to their rightful place, i.e., my pouch...Sub8-)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of rings without a silver or gold. Cool pull on the knuckles, kind of falls into the restricted weapon category around here. :)

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a little disturbed to find the knucks at a nice little elementary school. They were in the lawn, in fact, all of yesterday's finds were in the lawn.

Probably belonged to a teacher :laughing7:

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you that the brass knuckles count as 4 rings, especially true if you make contact with all 4 knuckles if you have to smack someone in the mouth with them!!:laughing7:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE DENT IN THE HEAD WITH THAT BAD BOY . NOW THATS A SERIOUS FIND AND THE RINGS TOOOO .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
to break the curse --send me the knuckles .... I know what their used for and the proper way to use em..(grew up in New Orleans around the "wise guys").... at times while detecting these days, .I go into the rough part of Jacksonville, Florida ...just saying..* its the murder capital of florida per 100.000 people..

in exchange I will send the "curse breaker" .. to you..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to break the curse --send me the knuckles .... I know what their used for and the proper way to use em..(grew up in New Orleans around the "wise guys").... at times while detecting these days, .I go into the rough part of Jacksonville, Florida ...just saying..* its the murder capital of florida per 100.000 people..

in exchange I will send the "curse breaker" .. to you..

Crack up! Knucks are a form of "southern hospitality." Not sure about shipping these bad boys across state lines...:dontknow: Sub

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say to break the curse-- go back to the parks- go a little slower- and remember a lot of the area has been cleaned by you--deeper items and fewer trash signals will make it easier for you to find the better and older targets-

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that the curse is lifted soon.

Finding twelve rings sounds crazy to me. I don't find them often, but about half mine are silver. I guess that I don't dig most of the lower numbers, and miss the bling rings... anyway, I hope that something good shows up for you soon.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
its legal to ship a "paperweight" item to a friend .. that is a paper weight right?

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that the curse is lifted soon.

Finding twelve rings sounds crazy to me. I don't find them often, but about half mine are silver. I guess that I don't dig most of the lower numbers, and miss the bling rings... anyway, I hope that something good shows up for you soon.

I hear you Tom. When I ran my coil across those brass knuckles, my headphones screamed in protest and the VDI was blaring "90...90...90..you have a silver ring..!" I shook in anticipation, wide eyed and hyperventilating, only to then experience the "WTF?" moment upon digging them up. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its legal to ship a "paperweight" item to a friend .. that is a paper weight right?

I have heard this item described as such. Put some brass loops on one side and have a buckle!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
flea market guys call em "paper weights"to be able to legally sell em --some got tiny "spurs" to be called "belt buckles" which upon buying are ground off..

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sub you are working it hard and I do think the odds are with you to see the Metal we all desire. .. Soon.. Keep the Faith..

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to find a set of brass knuckles! Awesome find in my book!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread