What's new

Do I have the coolest dump bank?

CaptainRobin

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
579
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just might, folks.....

The ladies told me "Take OUR bank bags, put a grand of loose coin in it, and then deposit it with us. We don't want to unroll and count it. This way we can just send it off."

Man..... it just don't get no better than that.

I took 'em cookies.....

Robin
 
Upvote 0
CaptainRobin said:
I just might, folks.....

The ladies told me "Take OUR bank bags, put a grand of loose coin in it, and then deposit it with us. We don't want to unroll and count it. This way we can just send it off."

Man..... it just don't get no better than that.

I took 'em cookies.....

Robin


That sounds like an ideal situation.

Jim
 
Mine give me clear bags but they only hold $500. That way they don't have to change the bag in the machine. Its a win-win for both of us.
 
I have the same kind of set up dumping coins Robin, it is a sweet deal ...

No more rolling them and lighting fast getting in and out


I dont have to deposit the $$$... they give me the cash and said if the count was off they would take it out of my acct.


Glad to hear that you hit the same set-up :)



Plus the tellers love it no hassles for them , I talked to a couple other banks and asked them could I bring in some halves in 1000.00 bags so you could just through them on the truck and they said sure that would be great ..
 
Your tied for the coolest dump bank. Mine did the same thing. They gave me 5 of their bank bags. I put $ 1000.00 in each & take them back. They dont mind handling them at all that way. ( This is also a bank I dont even have an account at !! ). Ron
 
For all you folks that have these great dump banks. Does the bank give you instant credit for the 1000$ or do they need to count it first, then debit your acount later in the week?
 
Jsayre1234 said:
For all you folks that have these great dump banks. Does the bank give you instant credit for the 1000$ or do they need to count it first, then debit your acount later in the week?

Mine gives me instant CREDIT ~ not debit. I usually deposit, but often take cash.

They just send the bags off - the carrier weighs them. If they come up short, I guess the bank will debit my account for the shortage, that's what they told me will happen. Hasn't happened yet (fingers crossed, knocking on wood).

Great thing is searching rolls, just make sure the roll count is right, search the edges, and drop what isn't wanted into a bucket, making up any coins removed as keepers from the roll. Instant thousand dollar bag.

These ladies even allow me to take their lil' vault wagon to the truck ~ I don't even have to carry the bags inside.

I got it made............

Robin
 
Anybody with a bank that takes pre-counted $1,000 bags, I hope you guys realize just what you have and take very good care of those tellers that let you do it.

For reference, Brinks said they weigh the bag and have a tolerance of +/- 3%. That's like $30, so you'll never have to worry about being shorted.
 
XX said:
..Brinks said they weigh the bag and have a tolerance of +/- 3%. That's like $30, so you'll never have to worry about being shorted.
That is quite a tolerance but it is needed with halves. I am sure you all have seen coins that are half the thickness of others. That also means half the weight. JFK halves seem to be the worst coin ever to live up to factory tolerances.
 
Wow, I'm totally jealous of that. It takes me about 70 minutes each week to get rid of 12,000 halves. That'd say me a lot of time. I should ask around.

Brian
 
THATS A GREAT DEAL....................

SEMPER FI :sunny:
 
kestrelia said:
Wow, I'm totally jealous of that. It takes me about 70 minutes each week to get rid of 12,000 halves. That'd say me a lot of time. I should ask around.

Brian



Yeah check around Brian , I just use a little rural bank and it is quick to dump ... I took in 4000 halves today and it didnt take more than 5 minutes if that long ... I hand them the bags and they hand me the cash ... I am sure that u prolly can find a bank to do it ... I have asked some other banks if I bring in some $1000.00 bags and they said sure that would be great ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom