lamarkeiko

Dec 30, 2018
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my Equinox 800 for about 2 1/2 years now with no problems. Two days ago going detecting, I powered up my Equinox, and I had no screen. Everything seemed to be working, except I couldn't see anything. Tried turning detector on and off several times with no luck. Tried screen backlight with no change. I then decided to try a factory reset, and to my surprise I got my screen back. My question is, do I need to do all the factory updates again, including the iron bias update?

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my Equinox 800 for about 2 1/2 years now with no problems. Two days ago going detecting, I powered up my Equinox, and I had no screen. Everything seemed to be working, except I couldn't see anything. Tried turning detector on and off several times with no luck. Tried screen backlight with no change. I then decided to try a factory reset, and to my surprise I got my screen back. My question is, do I need to do all the factory updates again, including the iron bias update?
I would do a factory reset.

OP
OP
L

lamarkeiko

Dec 30, 2018
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already did that as mentioned in my post. I would like to know if I need to reinstall all the software updates That I had previously done.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already did that as mentioned in my post. I would like to know if I need to reinstall all the software updates That I had previously done.

A factory reset will not change the updates you currently have.

OP
OP
L

lamarkeiko

Dec 30, 2018
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Powered up my Equinox again yesterday, and the same problem occured with no screen. I again did Factory reset several times and still have no screen.
Contacted Minelab Support, and am in progress of sending in head for repair.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm not mistaken, the factory reset puts everything back to original program settings, but doesn't erase any software updates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread