What's new

Do I see CSA carved on this piece of lead?

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I was just out in the cold to long. It looks like CSA
carved on the pointed end. There is also something on the other side.
This came from the place that I found several bullets. It may not be CSA.
I would like to know what you see.

Thanks for looking Clayton
 

Attachments

  • Saturday=+=+ 007.webp
    Saturday=+=+ 007.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 973
  • Saturday=+=+ 004.webp
    Saturday=+=+ 004.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 975
roadquest... how big is this thing?

It looks like a lead balloon.

I see the letter "Y" on the second pic. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
It's 1.1/2'' long and a little more that 1/2'' wide.
Jim, this is one I'm going to have to study for a while. There are many letters on it.
There is L?IGUE GS and others. Some are differant size
It's interesting, I just can't make a lot of sensce of it yet.
This seems to be a melted piece of lead.
 
Upvote 0
index.webp

I see it... the only problem is that the "lettering" appears to be on the dirt patina of the lead slag. If it were carved into the lead, that would be different.

Bran <><
 
Upvote 0
Roadquest said:
Bran, I'm soaking it in olive oil. I will see what there is left when the dirt is removed.
And, thinks for seeing it.
I think some people thought I was nuts.
Never :thumbsup:
Mike
 
Upvote 0
Roadquest said:
This seems to be a melted piece of lead.


Yes it does.



Do you have a nice collection of Geofacts to show as well?
 
Upvote 0
On the second pic, I think that I can see Daffy Duck, or an Emu or Big Bird :D
Sorry that's all I can see
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Roadquest said:
This seems to be a melted piece of lead.


Yes it does.



Do you have a nice collection of Geofacts to show as well?

BuckleBoy,

While I appreciate your professional reply. I do know that the "CSA" is probable not carved onto
this by a person. The other letters ARE.
And, no I don't have a nice collection of Geofacts to show.
Would you be kind enough to show us yours?

Clayton...Roadquest
 
Upvote 0
It is getting cold out there. :D
 
Upvote 0
I have a piece of lead about 4 inches long and it has been shaped into a dog. When i dug it i thought it was just a piece of slag,but i decided it's a shaped dog.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
That was my question. Do I see this? I did not say I do see CSA.
I think it's an interesting piece of slag, lead, geofact.
And, as I have time. I'm going to see if I can id enough of the letters
that are printed on this, To make some sense of it.

Clayton
 
Upvote 0
nova treasure said:
I have a piece of lead about 4 inches long and it has been shaped into a dog. When i dug it i thought it was just a piece of slag,but i decided it's a shaped dog.

Nova Treasure

Nova, What was the history of the area that you found it? Did it have anything carved, or printed on it?...........Clayton
 
Upvote 0
Roadquest said:
Bran, I'm soaking it in olive oil. I will see what there is left when the dirt is removed.
And, thinks for seeing it.
I think some people thought I was nuts.

I don't think you are nuts at all.
I just don't see it as a carved UNLESS it was melted after carving.
Just thought of that as I was typing. I guess it could be a possibility.
 
Upvote 0
It looks more like CM but I really think that it is just a byproduct of melting slag...
 
Upvote 0
Nova, What was the history of the area that you found it? Did it have anything carved, or printed on it?...........Clayton
[/quote]

Hello Clayton,this was found at a 1868 homesite that had alot of popularity for many years.I don't really know what to think about it,other than mine looks kind of like a dog and i found some awesome stuff in the yard other than this,so i just hung on to it for a conversation piece. I haven't found any markings on it,but i am bad at not cleaning my relics much either.

Nova Treasure
 

Attachments

  • 100_0182.webp
    100_0182.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 740
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom