What's new

Do not pay your tickets with pennies

When I saw this story on the news this morning, I could have sworn that I spotted a steel penny on the end of one of the rolls!!
- Grizz
 
Well good for him, I doubt he'll end up paying in pennies, cuz if they take it, I think it'll be a trend & I'm sure the court doesn't want that!
 
I hate bureaucratic red tape. It is US currency, why the hell isn't it accepted?
 
I heard of a case a few years back where a guy owed an old debt that he was getting big pressure to pay, but he didn't feel the assessment was fair. After he had put it off as long as he could, he finally wrote out a check.........on the front of a used interior door. When they came to collect the debt, he dropped the door on the debt collector from a second story window. Besides owing for the debt, he was charged with assault. There's a moral in there somewhere............
 
If i were him i would have unrolled all 112 rolls put them into a bucket and took them down to the courthouse ;D now the look on the face of that judge would have been priceless :D :o





HH Bill
 
$56 is $56. I can't believe how picky people can be when it comes to money. If i lived in that NJ town, I would give that man a high-five. :thumbsup:
 
Tried it back in my Teens.

They refused to take it so I walked saying
if you won't take my money I can't Pay.

About a year later They Gave me a ride to Pay it.
Wish I had all the change yet that day,
but they got me on a Pay Day :D

Have seen people Write a check on their Shirt
& Pay Taxes with the "Shirt off their Back"
That works if you have a TV Crew with you.

Not sure if they would take it, if you don't have media along
 
I was once asked when buying bags of pennies from a bank I rarely go to what I was using them for and warned that they will not be accepted as a payment for child support or in the case of divorce...apparently someone he had previously sold some bags to tried to use $1000 worth to pay a divorce settlement.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom