niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have heard about spirits who guard buried and hidden treasure, and that if you find a treasure, you should never speak until the treasure is removed from the location where you found it. Also, could this be why pirates killed people and buried them with the treasure, to guard it with the spirits of the murdered people? Does the spirit of misers guard their caches? Any information is appreciated. Thanks and HH, Niffler

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
spirits of folks killed over treasure --might feel its "their" treasure since they were in effect killed over it --- thus they have "earned" it via their death --mine ,mine,mine is their way of thinking

the same goes for hoarder / miser types -- often they dislike and hate other human beings because they veiwed them as wanting "their money" --many folks are greedy in life and are greedy in death as well , its just is their way of thinking and feeling ----- mine, mine, mine --is their motto --like a spoiled 3 year old.

PS never mess with native american burial mounds or areas -- if you do --you will regert it deeply.

OP
OP
niffler

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone. I read a book about Mormon religion founder Joseph Smith, that claimed that he was treasure hunting when he found the "Golden Plates", and that he was attacked and knocked down by something 3 times when he found them. This was in the early 1800's in New York state. Does anyone else know about this story? Niffler

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D Don't know about THAT one... BUT! Pirates had others bury their treasure and then murdered 'em... burying 'em on TOP of the treasure... why? Two reasons; keep SECRET the location of the treasure and to "guard" the treasure as a "sentinel". HA! Owners of large plantations "in the south" did the same with slaves; burying the treasures and then murdering 'em... burying 'em on TOP; in a well, outhouse, ice house, etc. ANY "underground structure", like a root cellar. it is suspected that
the CSA Treasury MAY be buried like this, too; Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia. Good Luck! HH! BOO!
:D :wink: :coffee2: :thumbsup: :read2:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
normal non treasure hunting folks folks upon finding "dead folks" would stop digging -- creeped out !!! so in a way those "dead folks" could act as treasure guards -- if the treasures buried under them say 6 feet --since most folks would just stop digging (not knowing of the treasure laying under them ) , and rebury them in place . :wink: leaving the treasure under the bodies unfound .

often a small treasure chest was placed 5 or 6 feet shallower than the main treasure chest -- if a treasure hunter hit the small chest they would think the found the only treasure chest and leave with only a small bit of the treasure -- leaving the mother lode below it untouched -- old money hiders trick

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
I think the spirit guard (if there is any) cannot do any physical harm per se, except probably to 'scare' the living.
If there is really spirit of a dead man, it goes against the teachings of the bible, where it says the spirit goes back to God when man dies, the soul die and rest with the dead body.. So if they are not who they are supposed to be , who or what are these spirits? Very intriguing indeed...

DCadwell

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2011
I know this post is old, but I found your Mormon information on Joseph Smith's treasure hunting to be very interesting. I was studying for my Master Degree comps. and found this book written by a guy that did his Doctorial Dissertation on "The Origins of the American Indians" (this is close to the title). It was a strange place to read about the beginning history of the the Mormon Leader. This guy researched old court records. He wrote where the future Mormon Leader was being sued by several old farmer types for taking advantage of them I.E. one old couple gave Joseph money cause he came to their door one day and said "God told me to come talk to you about gold burried on your property. He wants me to find it for you." If the people paid him money he would have two assistants dig in old indian mounts located on their property, (I think it was New York). He would claim the Devil was holding on to the treasure and wouldn't let go. The book eluded to the fact that Joseph made his money this way. But a few of the people had him arrested. I think he was almost convicted two or three times. One judge said "I don't ever want to see you in my court again". If he would have put him in prison there may have been no Mormon Church today... Anyway, like you, I find this kind of reading very interesting. The court records on this (according to the author) still exists. So this history can't be rewritten, or modified by anyone. I told a good Mormon friend of mine about this book, and he said this was untrue. I personally don't know how true this is, but after 10 years you are the first person to mention Mr. Smith's treasure hunting adventures. Thanks, DanCad

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to work with an older man that found out I was into detecting he started asking me about it and stuff. He says there is a place near his home where an old man buried his money back during the depression and then passed away leaving all of his money buried. People have set out on his land(with permission from the current owners) with metal detectors looking for his buried loot and when they get near it all of a sudden the wind changes, gets real stormy like with thunder and the sound of many horses galloping and baying starts that no one can see, and lots of other weird stuff starts going on, then after the people start getting the heck out of dodge it all kind of dies back down. The local people are convinced it is haunted and that there is something up there. I know the where abouts of it and I have thought about going and checking it out with another buddy or 2 and see what happens. No one has found anything there yet because of the apparant haunting and the locals shy away from it. Very tempted to try though and have thought about doing it for the past several years. I guess there will only be one way to find out and that woud be just to do it. I guess something could really be up there if all of that goes on. Tim

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D Are YOU scared of 'em... ghosts? Go dig it, man! :hello2: :hello2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Put "firewater", in YOUR coffee/belly! :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Take a bunch of trusted folks with you & share the wealth; like a company "pool" winning the lottery! :hello2: :hello2: :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2:

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I believe it ! I have a book "Ghost's Along The Texas Coast" by Docia Schultz Williams - Very good book. She tells of a story about some lost pirate treasure someone tried to dig up and had an experience with some sort of paranormal entity ! Very interesting :)

DCadwell

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2011
Txconservatiive, this old man will come dig the treasure for you ghost or no ghost. I love the quote from President Reagan. Thankx Dan

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
DCadwell said:
Txconservatiive, this old man will come dig the treasure for you ghost or no ghost. I love the quote from President Reagan. Thankx Dan

Thanks Dan!

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Being a metal detectorist for a long time now, i did a pretty fair share of research into the subject. There's no doubt something's going on. not all buried wealth is haunted. But there are a certain percentage of them that bear warning. I've read of people just being scared away from the site, of people in an actual physical altercation with spirits, and i've read of people who have just thrown caution to the wind and paid serious consequences for it. Just like drug money, if it were me, i'd stay away....

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You would do well to pay heed to the warnings.

Some treasures are gaurded not by those who are greedy, but by those who have been killed over it and they want to prevent anyone else being killed over it.

My family history has a legend that somwhere along the line my family was heavily involved with a Cherokee shaman and my family also has some Cherokee ancestors. Many times a premonition has kept me alive.

Recently, I have been looking into an old Spanish mine I found. When I finally decided to enter passed a certain point in the mine, I felt a hand on my shoulder that would not let me go any further. After trying to push through it, an Indian appeared with his hand still on my shoulder and asked me to go back and never return. He also told me nothing lies at the bottom of this mine but death for those who do not heed the warning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread