What's new

Do you catalog your coins?

Magda

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering how many of you collect coins and have a need to catalog them according to themes\dates, etc.
 
Upvote 0
I used to.

Now my spreadhseet just says I have this many 40%ers, this many 90% Kens, this many Bens, Walkers, etc., etc.
 
I started too awhile back...Keep telling myself im gonna catch back up on it..still waiting to " Find " time
 
I keep a database documenting each hunt. PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send you a blank copy. You need an Access type of database manipulator to use.

That goes for anyone wanting a copy. I actually got the database file here about 4 years ago. Simple and actually fun, you can always open it up to review the delights, and track hours, locations, etc.
 
I my HAY-DAYS of collecting way back in the 60's, I use to sort &'cat all my coins etc., now it's mostly Stacking AG.
 
i have coin album for those flips i've got them sorted by year,penny,nickle,dime,quarter,half dollar,and dollar.
 
I keep an excel sheet for each denomination I hunt, but only mark down finds, not categorized. Like "x wheats, x canadian, x 2009" for cents, or war nickels, buffalo, other for nickels, etc... I do have all my better finds in flips which I have in a binder, they're somewhat organized. All my 2000 WAMs on a page, 1998 on another, War nickels by year, etc... I bought a bunch of coin tubes, some rainy day I plan on sorting my canadian and wheat pennies by year/mint marks and tubing them up for better storage.
 
I have very few coins, all but a few are in flips, so no cataloging needed. I gave all my silvers to my daughter. Sold the rest. I have too much stuff.
 
Wish i had done the same as i got older! Now too much to even think about organizing. Love that cat!......................h
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom