Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you ever just stare at a find in disbelief(cleaned up pics)

Myself and my neighbor went to an old property today. The house was built in 1913 and had a nice yard. We got to the place and it started raining .After an hour of waiting I fired up the etrac and started hunting. I was doing pretty fair.After an hour I had 2 mercs 1917 and 1934,a 1903IH a buff and several wheats. I found a pontiac tokin which was cool then finds started drying up.
I worked my way around the yard and under a large pine tree I got what I thought was going to be a clad quarter close to the surface and a large silver disk came to light. I thought cool a walking liberty .I handed it to my wing man to wash off . He came around the corner with a big smile and said "you just paid for the trip".
1877 seated half! Last week I found my first barber half and this week a seated.
Got to love this hobby!! :headbang: SANY0663 [640x480].JPGSANY0665 [640x480].JPGSANY0659 [640x480].JPGSANY0668 [640x480].JPGSANY0667 [640x480].JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13
sweet silver ! sounds like a nice hunt :occasion14:

A couple of times I have but I have never found a coin like that. That is a killer find!!!

DANGLANGLEY

I haven't, lately. But, I did fall over backwards and almost laugh myself to death when I found half of an old war nickel. LOL (look up the old post :) )

A WONDERFUL old coin has been salvaged. Thanks to you! Good job!

HH!

That's a beautiful half! Great job!:icon_thumright:

Nice!!! I think baking soda and water rubbed onto that silver should get that black stuff off. Only if you want it real shiny.

As Always...Love Silver! But that one is awesome!
As I stare in disbelief and my tongue hangs out....:tongue3:

swwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttt silver

Yuppers! I stare at my wife all the time, she found me out in a field detecting 35 years ago. She was just curious about what I was doing......NGE

NGE, that is way cool.

Yea I know what you mean. Last year I found a 1840 half dollar. I seen the eagle like that one in the plug and just dazed at it. An amazing feeling!! Great find!

You got me beat with that find, that one's still on my wish list. congrats.:icon_thumleft:

wow how awesome is that? fantastic find. congrats! :headbang:

Oh MANNN That is just incredible! What do you think it was worth in today's money? Maybe a week's pay? More? That is so so great!

Bev, not sure what it would be graded at but I would say F or XF. Maybe $30-$90 dollars may be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back