What's new

Do You Have To Purchase From an "Authorized Dealer" to receive Minelabs Warranty???

falconman515

Full Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
240
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do You Have To Purchase From an "Authorized Dealer" to receive Minelabs Warranty???

I am working with a guy via eBay that is starting to sell Metal Detectors .... and yes before you say it I know they have many Chinese knock-offs out there and before he would ever get a dime I would verify the serial number that he gives me.

I am just starting to communicate with him and will still get more info but if he is legit and his products are legit but he is not an "Authorized "Dealer" .... does that void my 3 year warranty through minelab even if it's a genuine product?

I will be sure to grill this guy to death before ever buying ... just wanted to find out about this before I even bother with him any further.

Thanks so much for the info. :thumbsup:
 
If they are brand new he should not be allowed to sell them below what minelab says they have to be sold at. Thats why you see them for the same price everywhere but the difference is the free goodies that are offered with them. I would be suspicious of anyone selling brand new for less than a dealer on this site.
 
Amazon sells them cheaper

I know dealers may have to hold to those requirements (which they don't sometimes) ... but if they are not then I wouldn't see why they couldn't

Amazon is about as legit as it gets and they sell them for $1,439.99 .... DIRECT From Amazon (not a 3rd party seller)

Amazon.com: Minelab E-TRAC Metal Detector: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Of course going with a dealer like KellyCo, Bart, Etc. would be be better since you get SO much more extra for the extra $100 above this price ... but it's obvious anyone is allowed to sell less then this supposed $1,549 price.

Just curious if I buy a LEGIT E-Trac from an "Unauthorized seller" will the warranty still be good from the manufacturer?
 
Last edited:
With the problems of Counterfeits and stolen units I would be very careful before buying any Minelab from a Non Authorized Dealer!
 
For a non dealer, how would he be acquiring inventory? Sourced out of the back of a old van on a back alley? Just curious.
 
No clue ... we conversed until I asked for more further info and serial number etc. etc. and never got a reply.

Sounds like sticking with an authorized sponsored dealer really is the only way to go!

Thanks :)
 
even If he gives you a serial # to check it doesn't guarantee he got that serial # from his Inventory.

I'm sure I could contact almost any Dealer & act like I want to buy & ask them for the Serial Number of the one
they would sell me in Advance for the same Purpose, Checking it's real.

Then give you that #

Actual Photos with the serial # on the Machine would help, But still
Switches can Happen.

on your original Question Normally Minelab only honors Warranties from Authourzed dealers
 
Last edited:
I think what you have to do is find out what the process is for transferring a warranty, and my guess is you need that paper trail back to the Ad. So in this case if it's not from an AD, I bet it would be classified as a used detector in Minelabs eyes, and since you have no papers from the AD, I really question if they would give you the warranty. They're also going to look into that serial number to see how it got away from the AD. Interesting question, and my reply is only a guess, but I definitely wouldn't jump too fast just to save $50 or $100. I've never paid much attention to how the warranty works so the answer to this will be an education for me too.
 
A reputable dealer.............. best_electronic_cigarette.webp......Or third party......You only have 2 choices...Remember, its your money and the answer to your question, as long as you have a blank warranty card, you are good to go..demotivation.us_Problem-solved-_132006087545.webp
 
A reputable dealer....................Or third party......You only have 2 choices...Remember, its your money and the answer to your question, as long as you have a blank warranty card, you are good to go..QUOTE]



Even if you have a black warranty card what are you going to write in for the sale information?
 
Last edited:
Does "Gift" Work ? :laughing7:


How about bought. :)


That reminds me of something my sister told me quite a few years ago. She processed high interest loans for a company who mostly dealt with people who's credit wouldn't allow them to get a bank loan, but they still had the means to payback the money. For this one particular applicant, when it came to answering what their occupation was, they wrote in welfare. Don't think that one went through.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom