What's new

DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE DIVING AND KEEPING HEADPHONES ON?

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FRIEND JIM USES AN EXCAL AND HOOKAH HUNTS
HE REMOVE HEADPHONE PADS AND PUT VELCRO IN AND OTHER SIDE OF VELCRO
ON HIS HOOD - WORKS PERFECT HE SAYS
JUST AN IDEA
 
Upvote 0
Casper please don't use all caps, it violates our rules....

" Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)"
 
He has to shout - he has his headphones on! :laughing7:
 
I wonder who first determined that capital letters equals Shouting! That really caught on. I have heard many people shouting in lower case letters.
 
government computer (I work nights)- Its set up to do everything in caps --not meant to come off as shouting - just important and easier to read
this post is from my home puter
 
Casper's not shouting, I can't hear a thing. :laughing7:
 
government computer (I work nights)- Its set up to do everything in caps --not meant to come off as shouting - just important and easier to read
this post is from my home puter
Thanks Casper, I knew it wasn't always caps so wasn't sure what was happening.

We have members intentionally posting in Caps that have been asked to stop and we get complaints we don't enforce rules evenly and or we pick and choose what rules we enforce and neither is true......
 
Casper - If you are diving in cold enough water that you need a hood. Place the hood on your head and mark your ear position. Place the headphone pad over your ear position and trace it with a sharpy of different color than your hood. Take a razor knife and cut the pattern out. The neoprene cuts beautifully. I did this and it works great!!! I can send you a Pic if you would like?
 
Casper - If you are diving in cold enough water that you need a hood. Place the hood on your head and mark your ear position. Place the headphone pad over your ear position and trace it with a sharpy of different color than your hood. Take a razor knife and cut the pattern out. The neoprene cuts beautifully. I did this and it works great!!! I can send you a Pic if you would like?

thanks for the input - i'll hunt standing up when it gets that cold - but wont go under up here when its that cold - I tried a hood yrs ago - did not like it
 
I dive with both a hood (hate it, try to avoid it, but sometimes it is so darn cold that it is a necessary evil) and without a hood. I don't recall having many problems with the head phones falling off, unless there was a reason - - such as letting the detector go and it pulling them with.

One thing I have learned, is to remove the snorkel if I am using head phones with scuba. They two things interfere with each other. I will only take a snorkel if I have to swim a long distance on the surface and want to save my air.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom