What's new

do you like it wet or dry

Yes, you will find more change up where the people lay out and sit in chairs, but the jewelry is usually found in the water. That is what you are looking for, not the change. You probably find as much change in the water as up in the sand anyway.
 
furchaser said:
i seam to find more coins in dry sand but i like to hunt the the wet sand more . how about you and y ?

I hunt water, wet, and dry. Depends on the conditions of the day and time of the year. Truth be told, i've found just as much in the wet/dry as I have in the water. About an equal amount of jewels in both.
 
Water hunting is easier on my body than hunting the dry sand since I am more bouyant and hunt for hours while in the water. Lots of change can be found in the sand but I believe more gold is found in the water.
 
I love switching between the two. Ever notice how much easier hunting land seems after a few days in the water?
 
I really enjoy hunting in the water! I can go for 6 to 8 hours straight and still be ready to hunt more. On the land in the hot sun, lucky to hunt 3 hours.
 
All 3 pending... water always on the W. coast when its warm, a lot of wet sand and water when its calm enough on the E.
 
I spend about 30 to 40 hours a week in the water!! Not much for land huntting. :wave:
 
when i get the chance i really enjoy working the slope,,, thats the area half way between where the wave breakes and the further most distance the water travels after it breaks... i like this area because the wave action helps wash away the lighter alum junk.. i find the keeper to crap ratio can be better in this area so long as beach is not sanded in.. also you can double back over the area you just hunted and still find keepers as the wave action is constantly shifting the sand.
 
I find 10 x more jewelry in the water and wet sand then I find in the sand.
 
Wetter the better, that's what she said :laughing9:
 
I love hunting the water, less people to deal with, at least in the winter months, and easier. I too can only hunt a couple of hours in the dry sand, but in the water I can go 4 or 5 hours. Plus I am fascinated by the sea life and all that goes on around you.
 
It depends on if the water is cold or warm. The warm water attracts more people and so more bling. Plus if the beach is loaded with people, it makes it hard to detect so I go into the water where I have more room.

I have found more in the water because I spend more time there. I have found some pretty good finds in the dry and wet sand but the water is my favorite place to hunt.

I am versatile enough though to hunt anywhere. That is what is so nice about having an Excalibur. You can hunt anywhere with it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom