What's new

Do you prefer your beauties with an outie?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this round ball still with it's casting sprue today. This would not have been fired with such a long sprue, would it?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429396147.297179.webp
 
Upvote 14
In the heat of battle? I'd expect they'd fire the ramrod!! :)
 
I am not touching the title of this thread with a ten foot pole lol. I thinking that baby wouldn't fly very straight but if it was life and death you best believe they'd be pulling the trigger and hoping for the best
 
That's a different looking round ball, a little more bang for the buck! Lol!
 
That's a different looking round ball, a little more bang for the buck! Lol!

I have found many round balls now, but never one with a sprue this big still. I imagine it was dropped before they could clip it off somehow.

I am not touching the title of this thread with a ten foot pole lol. I thinking that baby wouldn't fly very straight but if it was life and death you best believe they'd be pulling the trigger and hoping for the best

Lol Abe. Belly buttons pal, bellybuttons[emoji3] it might not fly straight, but it certainly would whistle loud enough to let you know you were about to have some big grief if it hit you!

In the heat of battle? I'd expect they'd fire the ramrod!! :)

Yes sir, I believe you are right! This was found near where my buddy says his uncle discovered remnants of a Native American camp after a flood exposed a washout near the mouth of a creek where it empties into the river. The first white settler in the area had an " improvement " in the area, so there are a lot of scenarios I can imagine. That's what I love about old lead.
 
Very different! That ball is really neat, and the post title well........

I'm not touching that either, I'm with abe!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom