Do you think the Silver Chief Mine is where Jacob Waltz got his gold?

Since it is my honest opinion the the PSM's were buried in 1717, and that they lead to the LDM, the mine could have been a treasure vault at one time. If the map that Not Peralta shared with us is real, it seems to show this mine as an "almacen" or warehouse just like Victorio Peak.<br>If it was in fact a treasure vault, it got emptied long ago either by Jesuits, or Peraltas before the massacre. The sole survivor of the massacre was working the mine with two others when Waltz found their camp. They showed him the mine since they had more than enough to have a good life, but Waltz wanted it all and killed them. He took their ore to sell, he never mentioned treasure, and there are no stories of him selling or having treasure, just ore. Even the Salazar Survey of Clay Worst states that the mine was worked in 1853 by the Peraltas. This also verifies that if there was treasure in there at one time, it was long gone.<br><br>Homar <br>
<br>

Maybe Waltz only found a few mines and the heart is a bank. The Native Americans have a legend that the Spaniards filled up a Mountain with gold.

babymick1

Since it is my honest opinion the the PSM's were buried in 1717, and that they lead to the LDM, the mine could have been a treasure vault at one time. If the map that Not Peralta shared with us is real, it seems to show this mine as an "almacen" or warehouse just like Victorio Peak.<br>If it was in fact a treasure vault, it got emptied long ago either by Jesuits, or Peraltas before the massacre. The sole survivor of the massacre was working the mine with two others when Waltz found their camp. They showed him the mine since they had more than enough to have a good life, but Waltz wanted it all and killed them. He took their ore to sell, he never mentioned treasure, and there are no stories of him selling or having treasure, just ore. Even the Salazar Survey of Clay Worst states that the mine was worked in 1853 by the Peraltas. This also verifies that if there was treasure in there at one time, it was long gone.<br><br>Homar <br>
<br>

Hi Homar

Your honest opinion is very respected. Now, my honest opinion is little different and was resumed after many years of chasing Spanish treasures/mines in the SW USA.
The PSM were made about 50 years later than what you believe and were made for a spot their owners hid a part of their treasures. The PSM Trail don't lead to the LDM, but about 100 yards downhill, in the heart of the Horse landmark.
The LDM inclined shaft is depicted in the Horse map, but was discovered and worked by the PSM owners for a short time, while they were hidding their treasures. The LDM inclined shaft was never a treasure vault, but a gold outcrop worked by the PSM owners and later by the Peraltas. Only one mine depicted in the Horse map holds another part of their treasure , and it's the lower mine in front of the Horse.
Also, the Salazar survey was not made for the LDM, but for another mine which is the same rich and we know it as Haywood, Two soldiers and Joe Deering. That mine is located at the intersection of two virtual lines, one which connects the first summit above the Peraltas camp at Salt River with the Casa Caverna close to the LDM, and the second which is draw from the WN to a specific direction and for a specific distance, all mentioned in the Salazar survey. So, if someone don't knows where the Casa Caverna and the first summit are located, he would has to follow the second line for all the distance in regards to find the mine.
From the mine mentioned in the Salazar survey the WN looks different than from above the LDM.

Last edited:
Markmar

The Salazar Survey has as much creditably as the Cox Notes the Fieldman’s use for There outrageous Claim!
What I seen in my ten years here is that most long time Dutch Hunters and the newest hunters make the same exact mistakes. It’s easier to blaze your own path then to follow footsteps. A scorched earth policy to burn down the old standards, just last week Silent hunter accused me of being jealous, cause he is in the club and I’am not. Have I ever been nice enough to any oldtimer to warrant a invitation to the Club. Silent Hunter never left he just joined the club after I through him a bone big enough to get into the Clubhouse.

I like a lot of your post Markmar but don’t throw to much out there.

Trust in yourself and no one else

Babymick1

Hi Homar

Your honest opinion is very respected. Now, my honest opinion is little different and was resumed after many years of chasing Spanish treasures/mines in the SW USA.
The PSM were made about 50 years later than what you believe and were made for a spot their owners hid a part of their treasures. The PSM Trail don't lead to the LDM, but about 100 yards downhill, in the heart of the Horse landmark.
The LDM inclined shaft is depicted in the Horse map, but was discovered and worked by the PSM owners for a short time, while they were hidding their treasures. The LDM inclined shaft was never a treasure vault, but a gold outcrop worked by the PSM owners and later by the Peraltas. Only one mine depicted in the Horse map holds another part of their treasure , and it's the lower mine in front of the Horse.
Also, the Salazar survey was not made for the LDM, but for another mine which is the same rich and we know it as Haywood, Two soldiers and Joe Deering. That mine is located at the intersection of two virtual lines, one which connects the first summit above the Peraltas camp at Salt River with the Casa Caverna close to the LDM, and the second which is draw from the WN to a specific direction and for a specific distance, all mentioned in the Salazar survey. So, if someone don't knows where the Casa Caverna and the first summit are located, he would has to follow the second line for all the distance in regards to find the mine.
From the mine mentioned in the Salazar survey the WN looks different than from above the LDM.

Howdy Marius,

I also respect your opinions, and enjoy reading all you posts. If we all thought the same, we would have nothing new to read here. You may be right, It would be great is our trails were to cross someday in those mountains.

Homar

Markmar

The Salazar Survey has as much creditably as the Cox Notes the Fieldman’s use for There outrageous Claim!
What I seen in my ten years here is that most long time Dutch Hunters and the newest hunters make the same exact mistakes. It’s easier to blaze your own path then to follow footsteps. A scorched earth policy to burn down the old standards, just last week Silent hunter accused me of being jealous, cause he is in the club and I’am not. Have I ever been nice enough to any oldtimer to warrant a invitation to the Club. Silent Hunter never left he just joined the club after I through him a bone big enough to get into the Clubhouse.

I like a lot of your post Markmar but don’t throw to much out there.

Trust in yourself and no one else

Babymick1

I don't know what Club are you talking about. The spiral staircase finders or LDM finders? Because the LDM hunters is a big Club with many unwritten members.

Their one and the same,Here.
Some find a stairway to heaven and never seen again.
Some find spiral staircases and one finds the one their looking for.

407882CA-61DC-477E-A321-1B973F278A22.png

Babymick1

The right orientation is lay your screen flat on the floor and look down on it.

babymick1

Glory Hole it is. No I’m talking about the establish status quo. The Don’s of the Dutchman’s Story. The keepers/Picasso of Bullshit. The Club.

babymick1. A, let Ron and Bob know the Bulldog and the Chief are not the Dutchman’s Mine.

No they maybe right. I never looked for the Dutchman’s Mine I’m a Stones Guy. But I’m doing pretty good for them being Fake, Right! That whole fake Stones thing was RG’s way of conning everyone to believe his wonderful story when he dug up what he buried.

Just alittle look of what is down there. I’ll take a pic of the inside went I return to AZ. My claim will be completed by then.

Babymick1

9BA2C7BA-50E3-466D-B8C3-469AE614449F.jpeg4A357C3F-8374-4B46-9C84-98FABAEAA707.jpeg

04FAE93F-3BA3-44D8-9DAA-5883E4F4CAEC.jpeg19E19D4A-5764-42AD-87EA-B8F33629AE9B.jpeg

Babymick1

i am calling b.s. on those pics. just saying...

Amazing......what you can do with a can of gold spray paint

Haha..You can "thank" what you want but I can assure you I am not Mathew..I am not nearly as knowledgeable about the Lost Dutchman Mine or anything connected with it as he is. I am not a "Dutch Hunter" just someone who likes the history and reading about the interesting figures connected with the "hunt". Good Luck to all that are trying to find their pot of gold..I wish you success!
Grandma K
(My grandkids call me Grandma Kochera..hence the Grandma K...Lol)

Grandma Kochera

Have you any relation with Kochera of Haywood gold mine story?

must be krylon gloss gold spray paint...:laughing7:

Now, Now Dave

I told you last time I tumble mine with 500 grit and Finnish Aluminum Oxide for the final Polishing Bar soap.

You even seen my tumble polishers

babymick1

You should at least hide the spray cans when you take a photo of your “gold”

Attachments

• 694A4AB8-45B4-4E21-8034-211B76564B04.jpeg
    694A4AB8-45B4-4E21-8034-211B76564B04.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2761DE75-4E30-4D86-93F7-A84C57EDF3FD.jpeg
    2761DE75-4E30-4D86-93F7-A84C57EDF3FD.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 67

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread